Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to see if anyone knows of any Scangauge Xgauge parameters we can program in?

The ones listed on their website for "any 2014+ Cruze diesel" do not work. I am figuring they haven't updated it since the 2nd gen has come out.

Here's a link to the ones I couldn't get to work.

I would absolutely love to be able to monitor EGTs and DPF soot load.

Before anyone suggests torque yes I have torque but do not want a second phone on my dash to use it.

I use my primary phone with my Valentine V1 already.

Thanks.

https://www.scangauge.com/support/x-gauge-commands/gm/

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought a scan gauge for my 2017 Cruze. I also have a 2016 Gmc Canyon duramax. Both vehicles use the same engine computers, i punched in some of the codes from the xgauge info for the Canyon Duramax and they do work with the Cruze. I did not finish the set up as a decided to use a Edge Insite instead of the Scan gauge do to its design and look. I was hoping by now Scan Gauge would have figured the setup for the 2017 and up Cruze diesel by now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Does the edge do the same things as torque?

Torque is a nice app with the most gauges to offer but it sure does have a lot of incorrect pids. That don't allow the gauges to work.

I've been able to find the correct pids for oil pressure, oil temp, and trans temp. But that's about it.

Been trying to find knock retard but all I've found so far is a spreadsheet for mazda.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I was the one who initially contacted ScanGauge for the implementation of the XGauges for the 1st Gen Diesel. My contact there was James DeLong. Someone with a Gen2 may be able to get in contact with him if he still works there and work with him the same way I did to get it working with the 2nd Gen Diesel. He was more than willing to put in the effort to get it functional.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the edge do the same things as torque?

Torque is a nice app with the most gauges to offer but it sure does have a lot of incorrect pids. That don't allow the gauges to work.

I've been able to find the correct pids for oil pressure, oil temp, and trans temp. But that's about it.

Been trying to find knock retard but all I've found so far is a spreadsheet for mazda.
KR on a diesel Cruze?

I was the one who initially contacted ScanGauge for the implementation of the XGauges for the 1st Gen Diesel. My contact there was James DeLong. Someone with a Gen2 may be able to get in contact with him if he still works there and work with him the same way I did to get it working with the 2nd Gen Diesel. He was more than willing to put in the effort to get it functional.

Good luck!

I will give it a shot. I really want to keep the stand alone Scangauge for monitoring a few things because I already have my phone display tied up running YaV1

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welp I got the Scangauge today. Programmed in some gauges they list for 2014+ Cruze diesels.

DPF soot load doesn't work.

Current gear doesn't work.

Regen status doesn't work.

EGT1 shows some data. I'm not convinced yet that it actually works correctly.

I have emailed them and am waiting to hear what they say.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Welp I got the Scangauge today. Programmed in some gauges they list for 2014+ Cruze diesels.

DPF soot load doesn't work.

Current gear doesn't work.

Regen status doesn't work.

EGT1 shows some data. I'm not convinced yet that it actually works correctly.

I have emailed them and am waiting to hear what they say.
I would have waited to hear back from them before purchasing one. It's possible it will need a firmware update before you can apply the codes to it.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I would have waited to hear back from them before purchasing one. It's possible it will need a firmware update before you can apply the codes to it.
Well I did put in the cruze code when checking out and figured since this was straight from the manufacturer that it would have the latest firmware.

EDIT: I checked and my firmware is higher than the 4.42 which they say is Required. I would have to assume at this point that any firmware higher than 4.42 is good.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Now that I've had time to go program a bunch of different gauges here's a list of what works for me and what doesn't.

The ones with **** are the ones I was most interested in and of course none of those are working right now.

Appear to work:

Exhaust gas temp 1
Exhaust gas temp 2
Exhaust gas temp 3
DEF Level % *do not need this on our cars*
Engine Oil Pressure
Distance since Last DPF Regen

Do not work:

**** DPF Soot Mass
**** DPF Regen Status
Remaining DEF in tank (lbs)
DEF Range (Miles)
Average DEF Consumption
**** Gear Ratio
**** Current Gear
**** Number of completed DPF Regens
**** DPF Differential Pressure

Ones I did not try:

Intake Air Temperature 2
Def Temperature
Transmission fluid temperature
Intake Air Temperature 3
Torque Converter Clutch Slip Speed
Main Injection Timing
Fuel Temperature

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After thinking about this a bit and comparing the LP5 and LWN duramax codes I am going to try some of those commands on my car.

I have a hunch that they'll work.

Comparing the various Duramax commands on their site I can clearly see that GM typically uses the same commands across various engine models as long as they're in the same vintage if that makes any sense.

Since the 2nd gen Cruze is the latest gen I suspect some of the latest generation Duramax commands will work.

I will report back.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Great news! The LWN codes mostly seem to work! I am compiling a list of ones that appear accurate and ones that seem off and will list it here soon!

Tested and confirmed accurate with my Solus scan tool:

DPF Soot Load %
Regen status (on/off)
Average distance between DPF Regenerations (miles)
Average DPF regeneration time (seconds)
EGR Cooler Temp Sensor 1
EGR Cooler Temp Sensor 2
Balancing Rate Cylinder 1
Balancing Rate Cylinder 2
Balancing Rate Cylinder 3
Balancing Rate Cylinder 4
Miles since last Regen
Engine Oil Pressure
Exhaust Gas Temp 1
Exhaust Gas Temp 2
Exhaust Gas Temp 3

Programmed and showing parameters that have yet to be confirmed accurate:

DPF regen status *0=none, 1=active, 2=completed, 3=inhibited
Transmission Fluid Temp
Calculated DPF Exhaust Gas Flow Resistance (PSI)
Average Reductant Consumed (g/mile)
Calculated Nox Catalyst Efficiency %
Intake Air Temp 2
Intake Air Temp 3

I have been chatting with an engineer at linear-logic. I let them know the Duramax 2.8 parameters seem to work in general.

I also indicated that I would REALLY like to see what gear the transmission is in. It can be hard to tell with the 9 speed.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They have replied and gave me some to test and I can report that the ones they provided all work.

Good customer service.

If there's any interest I'll update this thread.

·
Registered
407 Posts
An FYI to anyone using a Scangauge II: They now have a whole range of X Gauges specifically for Gen 2. I have yet to try any of them but it looks like several are different from the LWN commands we have been using. Should be interesting to try some of these. https://www.scangauge.com/x-gauge-commands/cruze-diesel-2016/

Reactions: firehawk618

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all so quick question which out of all scan tools listed here could I buy to completley cover all aspects of my 2014 2.0t cruze diesel such as doing that whole manual Regen and resetting the nox sensors running tests etc

·
Registered
1 Posts
The people that build the Scan Gauge II used data from my 2018 Cruze Diesel to come up with the Gen 2 list of X gauges recently published on their site.

(After calling in and complaining that there was not an X gauge list for the Gen 2 (1.6 liter) engine, they sent me a data recorder that I plugged into my OBD II port.)

After mailing back the recorder, I got back a list of the possible X gauges that were available in about a week.

One of their techs then programmed in the X gauges I chose from the list, and I had my Scan Gauge II in about 2 weeks (after the start of the process. There is a maximum number of X Gauges that can be programmed at one time, so I had to choose what I wanted off of their list.

The folks at Linear Logic were most helpful.

I tend to use the Scan Gauge to monitor the mileage between regeneration, to tell me when regeneration has started, and the exhaust gas temperatures during the regeneration, so that I know enough to keep driving hard enough to complete the cycle fully.

I also own a 2019 Chevy Silverado 3500 diesel, but I have been using Gale Bank's iDash tool to monitor that vehicle. The two different tools do approximately the same function, but the folks at Banks Power did not seem too interested in whether or not their iDash would work with my Cruze.

(That being said, the Banks iDash is certainly more sophisticated than the Scan Gauge.)

I do not have a Banks power adder. I just like to monitor and better understand the regeneration cycles in my 2 diesel vehicles.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts