Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2nd gen Cruze that is now straight piped the noise is louder but I still feel like it is very quite especially since it is 100% straight pipe no cats no muffler no resanator

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,644 Posts
I have a 2nd gen Cruze that is now straight piped the noise is louder but I still feel like it is very quite especially since it is 100% straight pipe no cats no muffler no resanator
I have a Magnaflow catback and I find the deep mellow tone to be nice. I suppose if I get rid of the cat it might even be louder. Try adding different resonators to change the sound. Just remember as JLL states your engine only puts out so much CFM, so all you can do is modulate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Magnaflow catback and I find the deep mellow tone to be nice. I suppose if I get rid of the cat it might even be louder. Try adding different resonators to change the sound. Just remember as JLL states your engine only puts out so much CFM, so all you can do is modulate it.
I to have the magnaflow catback for my cruze rs redline hatchback! Had to actually cut it to fit mine as I they are actually designed for the sedan versions not hatchback but was a relatively easy fix. Quite happy with the more subtle sound of it but can hear it when you really step on it.

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

·
Registered
14 Diesel Cruze
18 Posts
I to have the magnaflow catback for my cruze rs redline hatchback! Had to actually cut it to fit mine as I they are actually designed for the sedan versions not hatchback but was a relatively easy fix. Quite happy with the more subtle sound of it but can hear it when you really step on it.

View attachment 295572
The turbo knocks down a lot of the sound

1 - 5 of 5 Posts