Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife owns a 2016 Cruze LTZ, which already has had the valve cover replacement for the PCV issue. This past Sunday, she called me from mid Oregon stating that she was noticing white smoke coming out of her exhaust. She pulled off into a parking lot while I contacted roadside assistance. We had the car towed to a dealer in Beaverton Oregon, and found out today that there is a broken piston which makes me think that there is something wrong with the cylinder head bleeding coolant into the cylinder itself. Luckily, the warranty for that car is five years 60,000 miles for powertrain, so not only this a repair covered that also my wife has been given a loaner no charge. Anybody else has issues similar to this? Thank you, Bill smales, Elk Grove California

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,352 Posts
Unfortunately broken pistons are not super uncommon with the 1.4T engines...from either generation.

Unless it's been overheated, the head/head gasket are probably fine.

The 1.4T is constantly battling knock...so, it would be beneficial to run 89-93 octane in the car in the future. Helps the car feel quite a bit more spry on its feet too.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
How many miles on it?

There's beeen 1 guy i think with 7k miles and a married couple around 28k miles. So far to report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts