Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive madea thread on this before but the issue is getting worse, dealer wont even look at it without a CEL at this point. Under load SOMETIMES it feels like a miss for a few seconds then it returns to normal. Was and is mostly between 3-4k rpm and likes it around 45mph. It has started doing it in all speed ranges at this point. Started after pcv system went and dealer replaced cam cover and intake mani. Here comes the weird part, ive been data logging it for days, dealer logged it and the miss fire counters are very low no higher than 15 for a long trip everything on log looks normal up untill this point where i got something ive neber seen before a break in all data at the same time (pic attached). First question what the heck is up with that break in data and is it nomal? Second question what coould be the cause of the bucking if its. "not" missing?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not sure on the data traces, but how old are your plugs and what are the gaps? You could begetting spark blowout, don't think that registers as a misfire and wouldn't throw a code. As easy as they are to get to they'd bethe first thing I would check.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,348 Posts
Check/reduce plug gaps. It always happened right around 4k for me when the gaps opened up too much on my 2012.

Stock gap is .028". Reduce slightly (.024" or so) for a hot tune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Every Chevy Cruze of the 2014 vintage with a 1.4l turbo engine WILL experience the following problem eventually:

The #4 plug to coil wire will corrode and cause miss fires. It will be very random at first and then get worse. The coil assembly has the very short plug wires somewhat integral to the coil assy which sits on top of the plugs. Each plug is in a deep "hole" and the #4 plug hole seems to get water into it more frequently. If caught early its a cheap fix. Just replace the short wire. Otherwise the coil assembly connection for the #4 plug will also corrode and you'll need to replace the coil assy (about $90). On mine it happened at 130,000 miles. I do a lot of highway driving. It's easy to check, just be careful not to tear the plug boot while extracting the coil assy. May need to twist the boots first if you can reach. Otherwise you'll need to replace.

·
Registered
135 Posts
^ That happened to mine at 40k miles and I got it replaced under warranty but I didnt realize it was a common problem til now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts