Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

3 Blink Turn Signal Minimum

1542 7
Does anyone know how to disable this 3 blink turn signal? You know when you just want to change lanes quick, and have a quick signal, the Cruze for some reason will blink 3 times even if I turn off the blinker. This has almost caused accidents for me because people think I'm turning right if it's near an intersection. I just want full control, if I want it to blink one time, I'd like it to do so.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
It only does this as you lightly touch it and it designed for lane change. If your makeing a turn you click it on. All new cars are going to this. I don't think there is anyway to disable this. If you click it all the way up or down and then off it will only blink the time you have it fully engaged.

the 3 to 4 blinks seems to be a industry standard for the time it takes to change lanes.

· Premium Member
2,608 Posts
If you hold it just long enough for the indicator to light then release as it clicks off you’ll get a single blink.

The margin is thin, hold it too long you’ll get two blinks, not long enough and you get the automatic three blinks.

I prefer the auto 3-blink but every so often I get the single/double blink by holding just a tad too long.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,165 Posts
I want it to blink four time myself. I'm usually not back in the the before it quits.

I have not tried this, but I also think if you turn it on completely and then back off it will blink once. Having said that, if you accidentally hit the lane change, turn it on and then off to stop it.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey, I don't mind the 3 blinks but I want a way to not use it for quick changes, especially near intersections so I don't give other drivers the wrong impression of where I'm going. I'll try turning it completely on then off if I can't disable the feature. Thanks for the replies and laughs. By the way, I live in Toronto which is probably the busiest traffic in Canada.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.