Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
3 day old aussie Cruze SRi-V. Its been 20 years since I wanted a red sports car and then this is it.
Took the day trip to Mangrove Mountain down the old winding hilly Pacific Highway to Gosford and went exploring.
AT 60+ yo and feeling like a 18 yo, it really is love, and enjoyable driving. The aussie tuned sport suspension and that turbo 1.6 are a good combination.

PS the wife likes the heated seat on her poor painful back, bonus...

My first post so apollogies for any errors/stuffups. Will get better as time goes on.

side - 2013-11-02_130029.jpg

Flickr: maxwelloau1's Photostream

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Welcome to CT! Your Cruze looks great! It is a fun toss able car.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to CruzeTalk! Fantastic pictures!

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Hi minsink, sounds like you live in the Sydney area, I am also in your age group with a CDX Diesel. I just came back from the shops with my wife, but at 31C we didn't bother with the seat heaters today. Where do you live? Last time I went to Mangrove Mountain was with my son when he was in Boys Brigade, he is now 32. Had the Cruze 15 months now and not a single issue with it so far.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for a warm welcome. Yes I live in Hornsby on the Northside of Sydney and work in Artarmon, catching the train most work days but 1 in 5 do a weekend and then a week of late shifts. Normally drive to work the weekend and the late shift catching the train all others. May overcome the traffic fear and drive more just to be closer to my new Cruze.

Hoping for some good years with MIssie Cruze as its been half a lifetime coming but so far its love!

Did a slow trip to the Mountain to check the lay of the land/road/cameras etc. and then came back a little faster (in bursts).
My work mate (hot rodder, car fanatic, spray painter, re-builder) said not to be to gentle with it, so that the motor gets a good range of power demands and beds in the rings. Its **** hard to find a spot to "fang it" Might have to be a race track!

Its been amazing, First I was made redundant in my home town in SA, 26K people. 10 minutes one side of town to the other, got a job offer from Sydney, moved in April 2012 and apart from the traffic and house prices love it! Live in an apartment on the 3rd floor (at home we own a large 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1 garage with roller door, + 2 car carport brick home. Current daughter 2 is living there).

So we are trying to have the cake and eat it! Live here in Sydney to work while I can and then after retirement go back to the country town and our own house for a peaceful existence. I work with a guy who is 70 and there is no sign he or the company want retirement so I could be here a few ears yet!

The Cruze sport car is a nice distraction and a reward for nearly 40 years continuous work in the fickle electronics repair industry ranging from consumer electronics to TV broadcasting.

Life is certainly interesting and open to anyone who can grasp it. If only I knew then what I know now.
Women, cars, life, superannuation, owning land and houses.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
I live about half an hour away, Lalor Park is next to Blacktown, my youngest daughter lives in Pennant Hills so I get up that way occasionally. Perhaps we could meet up sometime and compare our lifestyles etc. I grew up in central NSW and came to Sydney to work when I was 16 and have never left. Been driving solo since I was 9 (on a tractor) and the first regular vehicle I drove was a 6 ton diesel truck at 12, not on public roads of course. The property I lived on was 23,000 acres so it was about 5 miles around the border.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Welcome to the forums,

Great to see that the new SRi/SRi-V is appealing to all age groups.

I'm sure that you'll love the new Cruze.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes to you in Beautiful Sydney !

I thought you two old farts might appreciate the vernacular ....>>..<<....

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Sir, that is a BEAUTIFUL car!!! I love the side marker turn signals, we aren't lucky enough to have those in the US.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What's this about old farts? Just because I look like 60 but really feel like 18.

Don't you know you know you are only as old as the woman you are feeling! :th_angelsmiley4:

young MInsik

Why thankyou Sunline fan. Just luck to live in the sunburnt country.
Also I discovered that even though I signed the dealer paperwork which mentioned a March 2013 build vehicle, the actual built date is October 2013. It really is a new baby... proud Father.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Hey!.....Easy on us old guys there Brian......not our fault our bodies aged ahead of our brains......hope the same for you BTW.

Age and craftiness beats youth anytime heh heh.

(Old) Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts