Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used Cars For Sale | Karl Chevrolet | Serving Urbandale, IA

Yesterday, while traveling on business, I happened to be driving by my selling dealer (huge dealership - #1 in the nation for used and #2 for new, 1500+ cars in inventory plus another whole lot that are fresh off the truck and not yet ready to view), and I pulled in to look around. They had 3 Cruze Diesels in their new inventory, but more interestingly, they already had 3 in their used inventory. (the 3 displayed in the link above as of yesterday)

One of these (the red one) was the 17th 2014 Cruze off the line (#100017), making it a very early build - easily built on the first day of production for the model year. All 3 of these, ranging between 1800 and 12,000 miles are listed for more than I paid for my Diesel last September, and except for the sunroofs, are comparably equipped. I don't know what their actual sale price will be, but this seems to bode well for the resale value of our Diesels so far (that is, if anyone actually plans to trade/sell their Diesel).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hmm interesting. Since this is my first new car I have the itch to buy a new one like every month haha. I just don't want to take the low ball trade in value the dealer would give me. Plus, I have had the car since October and have not reached 5k miles yet :)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
That dealer is dreaming. Just for a point of reference (I had no intention of trading) I got a wholesale ACV on mine with 60K miles. Dealer said he'd give me $15K.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I figure if I were to sell mine with current mileage, I could probably fetch $17-18K, like on Ebay.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dealer is a little crazy, but it is a known fact that diesel powered vehicle retain their value better/longer than gasoline counterparts.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. Obviously, they list the vehicle high so they have room to negotiate, but asking prices that are nearly equal to the pre-incentive price of their new counterparts is a good sign.

The same dealer has 5 2LT Cruzes on their used lot, but isn't asking nearly as close to the new value as they are for the Diesels.

Used Cars For Sale | Karl Chevrolet | Serving Urbandale, IA

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Not really interested in trading my CTD or buying a new one. I'm pretty sure dealerships make more money per car selling used vehicles than the new ones. They really low-ball the trade in value since they think they have you by the short ones, since they KNOW you want the new car! Fool them though, when you trade next time and find out what the KBB and NADA book says the value is on your trade vehicle and stick to your demand for top dollar. You can also get a great deal if you tell them what you want to pay per month for the new or used car. Do you homework first and find out what the BEST deal will cost you per month. I've not been unhappy with any of my car purchases in the last ten years. Your best tactic is to be prepared to walk out if they aren't dealing with you honestly...they will usually say, "well, wait a minute....!" Then really walk out if they aren't willing to do business on your terms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts