Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so I believe I had the recall waterpump replaced early in my 2013 LS’s life. Then in Nov of 2018 my second water pump busted wide open. I got it replaced with a new oem. 13 months later in Dec 2019 this one started leaking too. It’s leaking only a few drops at a time, not enough to drip to the ground but enough to burn up and smell in the cabin.

I can’t afford to replace this **** thing every year, so you guys know a better quality water pump than what Chevy uses so I can replace it one last time and forget for life?

I’m also on my 4th reservoir.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Why were these pumps not replaced under special coverage? I had to replace 2 AC Delco Batteries already, no special coverage on those?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
What engine do you have? When you say "LS", I'm thinking the 1.8, but I think the 1.4 was an option for it.

The 1.4 has water pump issues, but I wasn't aware of any for the 1.8.

One thing that could be a factor - GM used a lot of "torque to yield" bolts in the engine. If the old bolts are re-used, that can create a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just brought my 2015 Cruze 1.4T in today for "no heat" and need a new water pump. Apparently the TSB does not cover the 2015 so I need to spend $900 at my local Chevy dealer. Upsetting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just brought my 2015 Cruze 1.4T in today for "no heat" and need a new water pump. Apparently the TSB does not cover the 2015 so I need to spend $900 at my local Chevy dealer. Upsetting.
Geez I installed OEM made in German WP myself. Wasn't too bad of a job. I would change the thermostat also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They did the thermostat as well and changed the coolant. Yeah it was too much $ but having no heat on a freezing winter day with a storm coming this weekend hit all my openthewallet buttons.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
The dealer is correct....the warranty extension was for 2014 and earlier.

Rob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts