Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

3 weeks and $11,000 later

Tags
$11 000 weeks
1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ChrisWorldPeace 
#1 ·
Some of you may have seen this from the Facebook group. For those of you who have not, I'll post here. About 3 weeks ago a driver turned in front of me and I slammed into the side of his flat deck trailer. Fairly extensive front end damage but not enough to write off the vehicle. The trailer axle did some front bumper damage and the high deck caught the hood and pulled it back. A few minor top components under the hood were damaged along with the air intake and airbox. The bodyshop did an amazing job (as seen from the photos) at repairing the vehicle. The Crystal Red Tintcoat is a tri-color application and is not an easy one to match. They did a color blending method and it turned out flawless. Now I don't have the tiny paint chips on the hood and bumper anymore, haha. Maybe their paint is higher quality and will stand a little stronger against small rocks and debris from the road.

After they rebuilt it they said it wasn't running right so they sent it off to the dealer for a diagnosis. Their response was it needed a mass airflow sensor and it was on backorder. I called the dealership about it and they informed me about the backorder and that they also had a "no-start issue". I provided my assistance by telling them it's likely the EGR valve which gave me problems shortly before the crash. They thanked me for my insight and said it probably saved them a lot of trouble trying to find out the problem. While it was waiting for the backordered sensor they also performed the Diesel Emissions System recall which seems to bring on a lower amount of soot accumulation. I'll need to bring it back next week as they are going to replace the EGR valve that is also on backorder.

All in all, the total cost for the insurance company was just over $11,000. The only cost to me was 3 weeks of not having my Cruze and a bit of worry about how the repair will turn out. My worry has now been set aside and hopefully no major problems surface due to the crash. The bodyshop does guarantee the repairs for the lifetime of the vehicle which is great.

Click the link below for a small album of some of the pictures. The last picture in the album is after the repair.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

See less See more
#2 ·
My only question is are you ok?

#4 ·
Yeah. Could hardly consider the impact severe. It just did so much visible damage because it tore the hood back like a tin can. Not much strength when all it grabs is the hood.

#6 ·
None. If any had deployed that would have totaled it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.