Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Well... I got a call that I didn't want to get after my car being in the shop for over a week. The 4-5-6 piston was not the fix, so now they are going to try the "valve body". I'm wondering why GM TAC is recommending these parts inside the transmission instead of just replacing the whole trans and sending the failed trans to engineers to inspect and learn from. That only makes too much sense and would save a lot of headaches on both ends.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Well... I got a call that I didn't want to get after my car being in the shop for over a week. The 4-5-6 piston was not the fix, so now they are going to try the "valve body". I'm wondering why GM TAC is recommending these parts inside the transmission instead of just replacing the whole trans and sending the failed trans to engineers to inspect and learn from. That only makes too much sense and would save a lot of headaches on both ends.
At least they're still working on it and keeping you updated. I agree that sometimes it would make more sense to replace the transmission than to keep rebuilding parts of it and this is sounding like one of those.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Update.. It seems like the issue is gone now after the replaced parts had time to break in. I can't duplicate the issue anymore, so hopefully this is permanent.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Back at the dealer for the fourth time. I believe that they are replacing the entire transmission at this point to avoid buying the car back.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Back at the dealer for the fourth time. I believe that they are replacing the entire transmission at this point to avoid buying the car back.
Sometimes they just need to do this first. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Hi!

The OP here... :)

My car is still doing this.... just took it to the dealer and they ordered a "valve control body".... HOPEFULLY this fixes the problem.

Like the other guy in this thread with this problem has said... it's NOT because the fluid is "cold". I could run the car for 4 hours straight. Stop. Turn the engine off. Restart. And it will do it again. Half-way through third gear it "bucks".... sometimes VERY harshly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Would ALSO like to mention, IF I shift it myself... and "skip" third it WILL NOT do it. It's definitely a problem in third.

What do I mean about "skip third"?? Like put it in "manual mode".... go from 1st to second, then bring second up to the place where I can shift TWICE very fastly so it's only in third for a second or less and it WON'T buck. So whatever the tranny is doing half-way through third, it's not doing it properly.

Quite strange actually that "one4turbo" has the EXACT same issue. I wonder how many others out there have it and just haven't reported it yet?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
So I have an update with my car. GM has offered to exchange for another vehicle, so now I just have some paperwork and a couple week wait until I'm in a Tungsten Metallic manual Cruze 1LT.

As for the failed repairs... New TCM, 4-5-6 piston, new trans, and computer reflash

They still have yet to figure out the issue, so hopefully this new manual one will treat me better.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi!

The OP here... :)

My car is still doing this.... just took it to the dealer and they ordered a "valve control body".... HOPEFULLY this fixes the problem.

Like the other guy in this thread with this problem has said... it's NOT because the fluid is "cold". I could run the car for 4 hours straight. Stop. Turn the engine off. Restart. And it will do it again. Half-way through third gear it "bucks".... sometimes VERY harshly.
Best of luck to you. My dealer didn't try this, but did end up trying a whole new transmission and that still wasn't the fix.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,784 Posts
So I have an update with my car. GM has offered to exchange for another vehicle, so now I just have some paperwork and a couple week wait until I'm in a Tungsten Metallic manual Cruze 1LT.

As for the failed repairs... New TCM, 4-5-6 piston, new trans, and computer reflash

They still have yet to figure out the issue, so hopefully this new manual one will treat me better.
Good luck - I think you'll like the manual a lot better over the auto. The car feels a whole lot more spunky in that form.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Good luck - I think you'll like the manual a lot better over the auto. The car feels a whole lot more spunky in that form.
Thanks! Yeah, I believe it. I prefer manual over auto by far, but wanted something with remote start. I'm not going with another auto one after this experience, though. I actually just bought a cobalt SS/SC too, so all sorts of spunkiness will be going on around here.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi QwertyJuan,

I'm sorry to hear that your car was having this concern. How did your dealership visit go? Was the problem resolved? Please feel free to follow up with us, we will be glad to document your feedback. If any further assistance is needed, we can be reached via private message. We're looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine does it too what should I do? I have been watching this thred for a while. I dont want to have to go through the hassel of trying to get it fixed if they havent found the problim yet.
2013 ltz 3500 miles.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Mine does it too what should I do? I have been watching this thred for a while. I dont want to have to go through the hassel of trying to get it fixed if they havent found the problim yet.
2013 ltz 3500 miles.
Well then you are going to have to learn to live with it. If at least they don't figure it out after four failed attempts within the first year of ownership, you can ask GM to exchange the vehicle or contact the BBB about the lemon law.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, Cruze owner here in Brazil. Sorry for reactivating this thread. I have the very same issue as you guys. First third gear shift after engine start, something like a slipping gear halfway on 3rd gear. The rpm remains on about 2,1k for 4 or 5 seconds, then it goes down. No slips on subsequents third changes, UNTIL, i shut the car off, and turn it on back again. . It Always does the same thing, whatever the car is cold or hot. It is a 1.8 ecotec, with only 18k km on it. I dont know when it started, or if has Always been there. Took it to the dealer, and they said this is normal. I have to take it, because I dont know any other cruze to compare with. I'm taking to another dealer. Lets see there opinion.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.