Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over the weekend I changed spark plugs, car has 96,840 on it and just out of warranty back at the end of September.
I drive 72 miles a day for work, Car ran fine Sunday and Monday then last night the engine light popped on and she was running rough at idle at
the first stoplight.
What came to mind was ohh boy I just changed plugs so maybe just maybe I left something out. I have changed plugs in my cars for years so I have
good faith that I did that right. Put in AC Delco 41-121 plugs.
Well the four code I got are as follows:

PENDING fault: PO1O6-Powertrain
Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem

B2AAA - BODY
tap 'web' for more information

P0171 - Powertrain
System too lean (Bank 1)

P1101 - Powertrain
Tap for multiple descriptions

Had the valve cover replaced back around 50,000 miles, Torque converter seal and new oil pan gasket at 77, 000 miles, so just want some thoughts. I am not a mechanic can pull and put stuff back together, thank you for any replies to me and my Cruze problems. Almost forgot to say the DISC on the valve cover is sucking in alot air so Valve cover again?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would check to see if the plugs are tight, and also that the springs in the spark plug boots did not get cockeyed when removing them...sometimes the springs get wonky and all you need to do is pop them back into place before reinstalling the ignition thing... (good grief I can't remember the name of that thing...sheesh :) )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I pulled the coil checked springs and reset and put back together then cleared codes, still running rough and sucking in air at pvc disc, so guessing we will get a valve cover and replace it again see what happens. If that don't do it well might have to take it in. Unless I figure something else. It has been around 50,000 miles since the one was replaced under warranty.
Need to go back and look at Extremes wright up to check those check valves.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Ya I pulled the coil checked springs and reset and put back together then cleared codes, still running rough and sucking in air at pvc disc, so guessing we will get a valve cover and replace it again see what happens. If that don't do it well might have to take it in. Unless I figure something else. It has been around 50,000 miles since the one was replaced under warranty.
Need to go back and look at Extremes wright up to check those check valves.
Most likely, the first cam cover (diaphragm) failed as a result of a failed check valve in the intake manifold. The second one has likely suffered the extreme vacuum for its entire life.

Do not act on any of the other codes till the vacuum problem is resolved......the other codes are resultant.

Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Now we went to check the check valve and I did not see anything nothing in there orange, pink, problem is I broke the hose at the clamp, so great now we just created another problem. So could I tape that split good and still run the car to the shop??? Never in my life has a car given me so many issues. POS.
So now could I just make my own Pcv hose out of some hose instead of ordering one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts