Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i'v got a 2010 1.6 Cruze LS and i was thinking of lowering her by 40Mil on some eibach springs. The issue I have, is that I do alot of long distance driving so comfort is critical. I was wondering if lowering it by this much would recudce the ride quality substantially.

I had coilovers on my previous car and it was much better in corners, but appauling for carrying passengers and keeping my nerves happy on long drives.

On a side note, I'm also planning on getting some 18" VXR 'snowflake' style alloys to go on, to fill the arches and make it look 100x better than the standard 16" ones that are currently rolling on.

Cheers Jordan

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The North American ECO model and the RS package are dropped by that amount relative to the other North American Cruzen. It really makes a huge difference in how you perceive the road.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
i have eibachs on my 1.4 and its a little bouncier than stock but not spine breaking.

Reactions: JordanNaylor

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
i fitted them myself.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Tore up from the floor up !

Reactions: JordanNaylor

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Did you use a spring compressor ?

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I used a spring compressor

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Was it difficult? i'v fitted coilovers to cars myself but I feel that just changing the springs may require a bit more effort
If you've never used a spring compressor before then it could be difficult but ut took me about 30-45 minutes

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll probably take it to my local garage and get them to fit them, they have all that stuff and give me decent discounts for labour and parts. Chevrolet wanted to charge me £170 for new rear brake pads fitted as they were almost on metal last week. For £170 i got front disks and pads and rear pads fitted at my local place. Shouldn't take much more than an hour to do all 4 with the right tools?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
That is cool man . Good to here from you .also is that cruze a diesel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts