Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Not sure if I can make it. It is too far out to plan for. Right now facing a potential work stoppage and have been told can not plan/schedule Vacation time beginning August 1 though the month of December. I lived through one that went 5 months. I was told one went on for 8 months. We will see as the time gets closer.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Thanks Tomko - will likely make it, however you never know how these things play out.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
It would be great to have more Cruze's at the Glen.

Reactions: Tomko and oilburner

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Missed Lordstown III but there is no way I am missing Lordstown IV!! NYCruze+0!! Count me in!
Hey - missed you this year. I even did the plant tour, granted it was a short version.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
I am hoping to attend - have a grand child's college graduation to attend mid May (from what I can tell May 13th) in North Carolina.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
I told my mom she would need to leave her BMW at the hotel while we toured the plant and had lunch (assuming lunch is at the union hall again).
Yes lesson learned 2 years ago with my BMW. Any GM would be acceptable for the meet.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Car show registration and check mailed today.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
I'm not doing the plant tour or car show. My walking days are over. Still can walk very short distances but cant stand for too long.
- I did the plant tour last year, but it was a struggle. I will probably hang out with you and skip the tour. I am doing the car show - bringing a folding chair in my trunk.

Reactions: NYCruze2012

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Right now not looking so good for me attending. Working 12 hour days 7 days a week. The only way I can get approval for time off is for a "life event" ( example - graduation of a child / grand child, etc) if things change I still maybe able to go, however right now not looking so good...........

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
So I just got an e-mail informing me that my company is no longer accepting vacation requests for the period of May 1 thru June 30. That pretty much will be keeping me from attending, unless a settlement is reached before the Lordstown event takes place. Yesterday afternoon the company I work for put a final best offer on the table - this morning the union promptly rejected the offer.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Question for those that have signed up to participate in the car show - has the UAW sent out a confirmation? I sent a check mid March and my check was cashed on April 25th. I do not recall receiving any acknowledgement. The reason I ask is that I might be able to attend. I am now required to take one unpaid day per week off from work. If the weather report looks good for Saturday (right now 60% chance of rain forecast), I would drive out after work Friday night and stay thru Saturday mid to late afternoon, then drive home.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Been checking Saturdays weather forecast. Has gone from bad to worse. Was 60%, now at 90% chance of rain. If it does not drastically improve - it is likely I won't be attending.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
A bunch of us are still going to the next one w/o ours. At least you can get near the UAW with the Impala.
Yep, I should be there with my GTO, so no worries with the UAW. Last year my work got in the way. Mandatory 12 hr days and 7 day work week, but made some nice money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.