Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

4th Annual CruzeTalk Lordstown Meet - 2016

48629 391
4th Annual CruzeTalk Lordstown Meet 2016

Subscribe for Updates!!!
If you are interested in attending the Lordstown meet, I strongly recommend that you subscribe to this thread and all relevant threads to receive notifications for updates. To subscribe, click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, then "Subscribe to this Thread." Click for screenshot.

I recommend joining our Facebook group to engage in additional discussions. GM News details can be found in the image attached to this post.

Date and Time
May 20th and 21st, 2016

Warren, OH at the Lordstown Cruze Assembly Plant

Age Limit
Age limit to enter the plant will be at least 10 years old.

What to Bring

• Money for Food the night before the meet, the night of the meet, and if you are staying, the night after the meet
  • Cash for tolls. Some of the driving to the plant will likely be on the turnpike, so bring some extra cash for that.
  • Money for a car wash. It's a car meet; you'll want those bugs off your front end and your car looking presentable.
  • Comfortable, flat-bottomed, closed-toed shoes.
  • A printed map from the hotel to the Lordstown plant, a GPS, or a GPS-enabled smartphone.
  • My phone number in your phone. I will send this out in a mass e-mail before the meet.
  • Cash for food vendors at the auto show.

Planned Attendees: 103
CT MemberPlus
2012LTZPRETTYLIGHTBLUE1
anthonysmith931
AutumnCruzeRS
AWJustus221
bloberg191
bstoneaz791
BradHerr2
BReyReal
CRUISE-CRUZE1
cruze15
cruzechef2012
CruzeDan
CruzeTech
cruzin24
CyborgCruze1
dc_chevyboi
diesel1
erbinator791
FlintCruze1
H3LLON3ARTH
hificruzer2261
hot red car
Imaperson1
Jaggerz1
James1549
jblackburn
JDH
Jdoyle09221
Jdrury151
Joe_Proof
Jvegas04
Karma1
KOBALT1
Lilbromeo151
LilTrb01
LiveTrash1
Looseylu65821
Merc6
miss.ali.j
neginfluence042
nickameiss1
nybble1
NYCruze2012
obermd1
ohiocruzegirl
oilburner1
pandrad611
Patman
ranger024x4
RebelCruze1
RhinoNinja551
RollinOn18s
sparkman3
Sunline Fan1
sweatervestswag1
Terryk20031
Tsester
UlyssesSG2
XtremeRevolution3
zecospec

obermd - if your CT handle is in bold I didn't see it while scanning this thread.

Volunteers: 7
XtremeRevolution
Sunline Fan
obermd
jblackburn
nybble
hificruzer226
sparkman

Hotel Accommodations
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/18-e...59785-lordstown-2016-hotel-accomodations.html

Rules and Disclaimers
Since there are more people going than there were last year, this section has become necessary. Consider this the "fine print." This will probably not apply to anyone, but I'm including it to cover my ass.

1. We are adults, so at the meet, act like an adult. This wasn't a problem last year, but I feel that it is worth mentioning. Do not pick a fight with someone, do not pull a stupid stunt that gets you and/or someone else in trouble, etc. Use some sense and it will be an awesome meet.
  2. The CruzeTalk staff reserves the right to remove you from the list. Since we will likely have a limited number of slots due to tour size limitations (we split up the group in two last time even), do not be that guy who shows up uninvited. If you are banned from CruzeTalk, you aren't getting a slot. If were banned or received an infraction in the last 3 months, you may not be given a slot. I don't expect this to be a problem, but it is worth mentioning nonetheless.
  3. When we travel from the hotel to the plant and anywhere else we go as a group, please don't be "that guy" who gets himself lost by going the wrong way. Do not try to race on the highway, do not get "out of formation" unless you are a designated photographer. I'm not trying to be a hard ass here, but with a group of 40 cars, it will all be a lot easier if we all stick together, and the pictures and videos will turn out a lot better if we all stick to the same formation. While traveling, we will have our hazard lights on so we know where we are. We will designate one driver up front and one driver in the back, who will be communicating to make sure we have everyone together.
  4. Slots are first come, first serve. You will be required to respond to roll calls in a timely fashion to keep your slot. Due to the high interest in this meet, we will most likely not have any reserve slots available.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I'm in. Hopefully with +1 and tribble. The small one is now a cat toy. :) I guess I need to go get the lumbar support installed or my wife will insist we bring her Toyota. :) For anyone interested we'll most likely be staying in the Country Inn & Suites next to the Best Western.

Andrei, let me know what support you need. One thing I did think of is we're all going to need a good place to wash our cars Friday afternoon. :) Can't go to a car show with a dirty car. :(

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
From the sounds of it we're going to need a bigger parking lot for the meet and definitely traffic control. Whoever came up with the idea to have the police officer at that one intersection this year was a genius.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Beat me to it Pat. I didn't come this year because of timing and my new job. BU54 could take US 30 and avoid the toll roads. In fact I'm considering just this to avoid the tolls plus the fact that I haven't been that way.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
The schedule for next year is a Friday tour and a Saturday car show. We have dinner together, get to put real names and faces to screen names, and generally enjoy ourselves. There is also a fair amount of checking out the mods (cars that is, not staff) and some mechanical assistance. It's definitely worth while to go at least once and it sounds like the plant and union management are planning some stuff as well for their 50th.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
OK - you guys convinced me. I-80 all the way or I-70 through Kansas. I think I'd rather pay the tolls than drive through Kansas again. Nebraska is actually somewhat interesting.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Is I-70 toll free? Looks like it. I'd take 70 all the way to 71 in columbus saving the I-80/90 toll money both ways plus you can avoid the traffic in chitcago and gary Indiana.
Looks like your coming from Denver? I guess there's no excuse for me not to go.
I-70 has a short, inexpensive section of toll road between Topeka and Kansas City, but I'd rather deal with Chicago and the toll roads in Illinois and Indiana than drive through Kansas. From my house I-70 is also about 20 miles shorter so basically 1 gallon ($4) round trip extra for gas. I-70 through Kansas is possibly the dullest highway in the US - if Kansas ran an unlimited daytime speed limit on it I would easily be cruising along on the high side of 100 MPH on this road, fuel economy be damned.

Nebraska, while a long slog, is at least interesting and the highway actually has bends in it.

I'm a big city driver (Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta) so Chicago doesn't bother me. My wife knits so it doesn't bother her either.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
OK - you guys convinced me. I-80 all the way or I-70 through Kansas. I think I'd rather pay the tolls than drive through Kansas again. Nebraska is actually somewhat interesting.
Talked to Sherri - I-80 it is. She and I agree that Kansas is best driven at red-line in 6th gear. I somehow don't think the KSP will allow me to do that so Nebraska here we come.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I'm in. Hopefully with +1 and tribble. The small one is now a cat toy. :) I guess I need to go get the lumbar support installed or my wife will insist we bring her Toyota. :) For anyone interested we'll most likely be staying in the Country Inn & Suites next to the Best Western.
So the lumbar support installation passed end user testing. We'll be in the Cruze. :)

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I am hoping to attend - have a grand child's college graduation to attend mid May (from what I can tell May 13th) in North Carolina.
I had a similar choice last spring - Lordstown or my son's graduation from the Colorado School of Mines. Graduation won.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Yes there's plenty of time and I'm keeping it in mind. How much is the hotel per night?
You need to make your own hotel reservations.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Added myself to the volunteer list. :) I'm not picky.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
So I talked to my mom on Christmas day and she's interested in coming as well. So, for me this would be

obermd + Sherri and my parents (2) (and a Tribble, but it will stay in my car)
jxski07 (member here) (2013 ECO MT)
PenguinLS + 1 & 8/9ths (not members) (2012 LS MT)

Total of 7 at this point in time.

I told my mom she would need to leave her BMW at the hotel while we toured the plant and had lunch (assuming lunch is at the union hall again). My mom was enthralled with the DVD we got two years ago.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I'm interested in going this time. Possibly bringing the other half if she's up for a long drive.
Get her to come. If you look through the thread you'll see a bunch of us coming with our better halves.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Will be there +1 just saturday only though. Gonna drive up early Saturday morning, possibly in time for breakfast, if not certainly in time to ride in and for the meet. Can't get the whole weekend off work and have previous plans for Sunday
Friday is the factory tour. Saturday is a car show.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I would join the party if it wasn't a 10 hour drive from my location. One of these years I will attend, it's definitely something I'd be interested in, but I don't think I can make it happen this year.
20 hours for me. This year I'm going via Troy, NY so it will be quite a bit longer.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
My wife and I will have a car full of baby stuff when we leave Denver. Making a stop to unload in Troy, so I won't have the room on the outbound. Our route from Troy to Lordstown will be via Detroit (yeah, long way around) Sorry.

According to Google maps, Nashville to Youngstown, OH is about 8 hours. You'd need to take Thursday as well for the drive and you'd be home on Sunday.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Haha I was kidding! But that's insanely considerate of you to even entertain such a preposterous idea. The drive itself wouldn't really be so bad. It's the time and the money I'd miss out on from work that I really need, I'm trying to get my loan paid off with the quickness.
Understood. The factory told XtremeRevolution that they're throwing a 50th birthday party for the plant this year so this will be a bigger event than in past years.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.