Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

4th Annual CruzeTalk Lordstown Meet - 2016

55K views 391 replies 79 participants last post by  blk88verde 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
4th Annual CruzeTalk Lordstown Meet 2016

Subscribe for Updates!!!
If you are interested in attending the Lordstown meet, I strongly recommend that you subscribe to this thread and all relevant threads to receive notifications for updates. To subscribe, click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, then "Subscribe to this Thread." Click for screenshot.

I recommend joining our Facebook group to engage in additional discussions. GM News details can be found in the image attached to this post.

Date and Time
May 20th and 21st, 2016

Warren, OH at the Lordstown Cruze Assembly Plant

Age Limit
Age limit to enter the plant will be at least 10 years old.

What to Bring

• Money for Food the night before the meet, the night of the meet, and if you are staying, the night after the meet
  • Cash for tolls. Some of the driving to the plant will likely be on the turnpike, so bring some extra cash for that.
  • Money for a car wash. It's a car meet; you'll want those bugs off your front end and your car looking presentable.
  • Comfortable, flat-bottomed, closed-toed shoes.
  • A printed map from the hotel to the Lordstown plant, a GPS, or a GPS-enabled smartphone.
  • My phone number in your phone. I will send this out in a mass e-mail before the meet.
  • Cash for food vendors at the auto show.

Planned Attendees: 103
CT MemberPlus
2012LTZPRETTYLIGHTBLUE1
anthonysmith931
AutumnCruzeRS
AWJustus221
bloberg191
bstoneaz791
BradHerr2
BReyReal
CRUISE-CRUZE1
cruze15
cruzechef2012
CruzeDan
CruzeTech
cruzin24
CyborgCruze1
dc_chevyboi
diesel1
erbinator791
FlintCruze1
H3LLON3ARTH
hificruzer2261
hot red car
Imaperson1
Jaggerz1
James1549
jblackburn
JDH
Jdoyle09221
Jdrury151
Joe_Proof
Jvegas04
Karma1
KOBALT1
Lilbromeo151
LilTrb01
LiveTrash1
Looseylu65821
Merc6
miss.ali.j
neginfluence042
nickameiss1
nybble1
NYCruze2012
obermd1
ohiocruzegirl
oilburner1
pandrad611
Patman
ranger024x4
RebelCruze1
RhinoNinja551
RollinOn18s
sparkman3
Sunline Fan1
sweatervestswag1
Terryk20031
Tsester
UlyssesSG2
XtremeRevolution3
zecospec

obermd - if your CT handle is in bold I didn't see it while scanning this thread.

Volunteers: 7
XtremeRevolution
Sunline Fan
obermd
jblackburn
nybble
hificruzer226
sparkman

Hotel Accommodations
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/18-e...59785-lordstown-2016-hotel-accomodations.html

Rules and Disclaimers
Since there are more people going than there were last year, this section has become necessary. Consider this the "fine print." This will probably not apply to anyone, but I'm including it to cover my ass.

1. We are adults, so at the meet, act like an adult. This wasn't a problem last year, but I feel that it is worth mentioning. Do not pick a fight with someone, do not pull a stupid stunt that gets you and/or someone else in trouble, etc. Use some sense and it will be an awesome meet.
  2. The CruzeTalk staff reserves the right to remove you from the list. Since we will likely have a limited number of slots due to tour size limitations (we split up the group in two last time even), do not be that guy who shows up uninvited. If you are banned from CruzeTalk, you aren't getting a slot. If were banned or received an infraction in the last 3 months, you may not be given a slot. I don't expect this to be a problem, but it is worth mentioning nonetheless.
  3. When we travel from the hotel to the plant and anywhere else we go as a group, please don't be "that guy" who gets himself lost by going the wrong way. Do not try to race on the highway, do not get "out of formation" unless you are a designated photographer. I'm not trying to be a hard ass here, but with a group of 40 cars, it will all be a lot easier if we all stick together, and the pictures and videos will turn out a lot better if we all stick to the same formation. While traveling, we will have our hazard lights on so we know where we are. We will designate one driver up front and one driver in the back, who will be communicating to make sure we have everyone together.
  4. Slots are first come, first serve. You will be required to respond to roll calls in a timely fashion to keep your slot. Due to the high interest in this meet, we will most likely not have any reserve slots available.

Attachments

See less See more
#309 ·
Sherri and I printed blank nametags for those not on the list by name.

#310 ·
What hotels are most of you staying at? Don't wanna be alone on the commute in the mornings lol.

I found a holiday inn express pretty close to the plant. Not sure where in relation it is to the ice house.

Lordstown-Newton Falls/Warren
4185 State Route 5 Newton Falls, Ohio 44444 United States

#316 ·
Been checking Saturdays weather forecast. Has gone from bad to worse. Was 60%, now at 90% chance of rain. If it does not drastically improve - it is likely I won't be attending.

#329 ·
I just sent out email invites to every attendee for the Slack app, with the email address you used to register for CruzeTalk. Please let me know if you haven't received an invitation. It's a communication/chat app to download on your phone. The mod team tested it and it seems to work best for what we need. Please accept the invitation and download the app so that you can be included on up to date information. We'll use it to check on if we lost anyone in the drive, post any schedule changes, etc.

Feel free to chat on there in the coming days, but I wanted to give everyone a chance to download it at home while still on wifi.

You can access Slack on your computer as well. lordstown2016.slack.com

Reactions: AutumnCruzeRS
#339 ·
Unfortunately I have to drop out last minute. Family health situation arose which is keeping me from being there. Hope everyone has a great time and safe travels!

#343 ·
Unfortunately, something has come up and I will not be able to make it this time. I am looking forward to the pictures and reports!

#347 ·
I believe I have awarded all the updated Lordstown Homecoming badges. If I missed you please PM me.

- Mike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.