Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Every new sound that you don't know what it is is automatically assumed to be a catastrophic failure waiting to happen.

2. No parking spot is EVER good enough.

3. Every person out there is looking to steal/break into your car.

4. The F'ing rain.

5. Girlfriends just don't understand.

This brilliant insight is brought to you via my Galaxy SIII

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Sounds like my wife. That's why ours doesn't have 3,000 miles after 5 months. Always have to take the 10 year old P5 to do anything that might involve a parking lot.

Reactions: JayZee

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
That's why ours doesn't have 3,000 miles after 5 months.
I put 3,000 miles on my cruze the first three weeks! Total miles my girlfriend I actually need to drive for work & the store is less than 100 miles a month, somehow we have managed to rack up 28,500 miles in a year and 4 months.

We are averaging 55 miles per day, guess we really love driving the cruze. Have on many occasions driven 200+ miles for a pizza or just to see the sunrise over lake Michigan. Awesome having a car that almost gets as good of MPG as a motorcycle.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You missed one - the first ding in the paint or chip in the windshield.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
You missed one - the first ding in the paint or chip in the windshield.
I don't try to avoid this, the first day I bought my car I drove down a gravel road at 45mph, you should have heard the sound of all those stone pelting the paint. Yep I have stone chips in the usual places but I also got one that first day right below my drivers mirror.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,317 Posts
You forgot car payments, increased insurance cost, and the huge hit on depreciation as soon as you drive it off the lot.

The dents suck too. Coming from a 15-year-old car, I didn't really care too much about what happened to it in the parking lot.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You forgot car payments, increased insurance cost, and the huge hit on depreciation as soon as you drive it off the lot.

The dents suck too. Coming from a 15-year-old car, I didn't really care too much about what happened to it in the parking lot.
My insurance went down. The flip side of car payments is that you get the warranty so look at the payments as paying for any repairs. Just don't make your car payments last longer than the warranty if possible. What's depreciation? I try to keep a car until the wheels fall off.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,317 Posts
My insurance went up $80/mo and my car has been in the shop more in the first year than the Volvo was in 2. Realize that's atypical, but that's my story.

But it is nice to drive something without a billion squeaks and rattles...and always leaking oil.

·
Registered
378 Posts
i can totally relate to the hearing new sounds
I usually drive around in the city where the wind speed isnt as high
whenever i go out of town taking the highway i hear weird sounds and think a wheel is gonna fall off or the cars gonna blow up :blink:
also sometimes feel weird vibrations on the gas pedal

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Some stupid person opened their door right into the side of my Cruze about 3 months ago. I was sitll in the **** driver's seat. After I got out and yelled at them I realized that it was an old car and it's door didn't even leave a mark on the Cruze. Dat new strongth steel, baby.

Since then, I don't really care. A car is a car. My next car (and all future ones) will be certified pre-owned.. 1 year old with the longest possible powertrain warranty I can find. The new car appeal isn't worth the extra money unless you really want a specific model / color combo you can't find on autotrader.

·
Registered
622 Posts
That first dent... My car has one and only 1 dent in it.. An it happened like the 2nd week I had it from some ignorant prick in a parking lot. I guess its like popping a cherry, I havent bothered to fix it since if I do, I'll probably just end up with another one.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Ouch.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Can give two good reasons for buying a new car.

1. Since that crunch, used up vehicle prices are insane. Even with a hundred dents in the body.

2. When I first opened the hood on my Cruze, had a brand new fan belt in there.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I bought new because I have seen what happens to "low mileage" slightly used cars, AKA just off lease. Do you think someone who leases a car cares about it? My mother-in-law beats her leases to death. That alone would keep me from buying something only a couple years old.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
A big reason I bought new if for credit.

Sent From An Antique,
My Original Droid.

·
10,713 Posts
*The uber thin paint job in new cars these days. My 1st scratch was from my finger nail when opening the door handle.

*Parking 20 miles away so nobody totals it out fighting for the parking spot next to me.

*Going from a old car with comprehensive and uninsured/under insured motorist to brand new w/ turbo insurance rate.

*Everyone wanting you to take them somewhere so they can burn your gas and not intent to replace it.

*Now you have to avoid an entire city that refuses to pave roads and replace the green and yellow lights in traffic signals.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
10,713 Posts
5 good would be

*Reliability Most my issues were none that would stop me from getting in and going to work.

*Efficiency over the older car and project car seeing that I put 2k on a car in a month depending in how my out of town work commitments are that month.

*New car smell. Could be a bunch of toxic chemicals but **** so is what you breathe sitting in rush hour traffic.

*Being the 1st owner of the car instead if the 3rd or 4th wondering how was this car driven prior to me and did they ever change the trans fluid.

*Having 4 years of exemption of emissions cause it's new but I didn't feel like taking any cats off at this time.

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
10 reasons why owning an old car sucks

1. Every new sound that you don't know what it is is automatically assumed to be a catastrophic failure waiting to happen.

2. Yup the failure most likely happened

3. Something else broke

4. The F'ing rain... leaking through your sunroof and/or windows

5. Girlfriend would rather take the bus

6. Something else broke

7. Spend more time watching the temperature needle than the road

8. Did my hubcap just pass me?

9. Duct tape is the most used item in the toolbox

10. Yes the doors are fine, I'm just a big fan of the dukes of hazard

Need sleep

1 - 20 of 36 Posts