Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

5 volt reference incorrect

282 9
Car wouldn't start so checked fuses and relays all were good. Replaced starter and still wouldn't start. After a period of time I did manage to get it started and got it home but checked the codes (at a few different times while trying to get it running) to see the attached photos. If i leave it alone long enough it will crank over and start. It runs rough. If i shut it off and try to start it again it might start but definitely a long crank and the 3rd time you shut it off its not gonna start. I've tried to identify the 5 volt reference wire so I can test voltage and trace for damage. Can't find wiring diagram anywhere. Does anyone know what sensors are on the 5 volt reference A circuit? Is this a common failure? Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Low voltage... is your alternator or battery bad? My friend had this issue in his mercedes. It turned out to be the battery going bad which caused it to have a high resistance and not be charged by the alternator. Then his alternator went out as well.. both replaced and the car has been fine for almost a year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean maybe the battery is goin out. I tried jumping it and charged to 13.5v and still nothing at that time with cables still connected. It's an intermittent no crank. If the battery is charged or not hasn't seemed to play a roll in when it decides to work. I'm relatively certain there's a sensor at play here or a damaged wire/ecu. Just can't find wiring info for some reason.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No but I have a volt meter and a digital readout on the car. The voltage did seem to drop fast when trying to crank but I thought it's cause there's a short somewhere. Wouldn't my car with a known good battery being hooked to the system rule this possibly out?

·
Registered
220 Posts
No but I have a volt meter and a digital readout on the car. The voltage did seem to drop fast when trying to crank but I thought it's cause there's a short somewhere. Wouldn't my car with a known good battery being hooked to the system rule this possibly out?
No because the Amperage causes the voltage drop. This is why a battery tester is important because if voltage cannot be maintained there would be a low amount of Amps in the battery.
Start the car and see what the voltage is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts