Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well tomorrow my power train warranty is expired. 5 years ago I pulled the trigger and left our 1996 honda civic ex at the dealer and drove home the golden cruze. Here's hoping I don't have the piston ring problem. Probably should of paid for a compression test.

Have to say really the only problem that has made me very upset has been the cooling system. From the water outlet to the water pump the cooling system gives me zero confidence. I probably won't be handing off the cruze to my daughter because of the cooling system. I am not going to deal with water pump problems while she is away at college. With that said if I can get five years without any trouble and only tire rotations and oil changes I will be happy with my purchase.

At least the engine seems to be easy to do maintenance on and parts are not too terrible price wise.

I have been driving on that ECM reprogram fro a year now and my MPG on the DIC has bottomed out at 29.5 with about 80% city driving. It used to bottom out between 27 and 28 mpg before the reprogram.

So right now I have to say the car is running the best it ever has since I owned it because they replaced the water outlet last January which I think has been leaking since day 1 but was hard to find but I have zero coolant smell now when the car is shut off after driving to and from work. It was leaking where it mounted to head. I wonder if the water outlet was causing problems causing the pumps to fail. Still on the original PCV/valve cover (knock on wood).

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,999 Posts
I've had mine 4 years this month. Been a good little car.

I haven't yet had cooling system issues, but a couple months ago had a really weird knocking from the flywheel that hasn't come back since. I'm hoping it fails in the next year, and that I can duplicate it for the dealer, if it's going to fail at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts