Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
25,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early this morning, Yemen rebels attacked the two largest oil fields in Saudi Arabia. The impact of these attacks is a reduction of about 5 million barrels of oil (or just shy of 50%) in Saudi oil production. Expect gas prices to climb.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Gas went up .45 a gallon here yesterday. On the radio they said it could go up .25 a gallon. Hah.......Can you say price fixing????

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I"m wondering if it had anything to do with their upcoming stock listing on the new york stock exchange.

It's advertised to be the biggest ipo in history.

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
Looks like gasoline spiked up by us - but diesel is still where it was at - now $0.30 less/gallon than 87. Pure profit to drive the CTD now!

And my Volt, well, that's coming up on a fill-up, probably in a month, to avoid FMM - but we're only talking an 8.9-gallon tank...twice a year.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Gas prices dropped around here. Diesel still the same.

News just released says production will be back to normal faster then expected.

Phone won't copy and paste.
Cnbc

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Oil drops 6% after Saudi energy minister says supply will be fully restored by end of September

KEY POINTS
  • Energy minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman said the kingdom’s oil supply will be back online by the end of September.
  • A coordinated attack knocked out 5.7 million barrels of daily crude production or more than half of the kingdom’s oil output.
  • Brent crude oil jumped the most in history in the previous session

·
Registered
340 Posts
The price spike here was only 16 cents. Of course Chevron has a refinery only 16 miles down the road. I have a feeling that the US will sell Saudi Arabia just about any bomb or missile that they want now. Not that I'm in favor of Saudi Arabia or Iran, a pox on both of their houses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts