Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have the same problem with shifting into 2nd gear from 1st. I'm also having problems with the throw out bearing. It makes a whining noise until I press the clutch pedal. I bought and had installed a stage 2.5 clutch masters racing clutch and I'm still having the same problem with the throw out bearing. At least I believe it's the throwing bearing, but it is still having the same symptoms as it did with the stock clutch. 2nd gear grind, when I press the gas in 1st, and 5th gear the shifter moves, as I'm driving down the highway in 6th gear or any gear and I let off the gas the clutch acts as if it is engaging and disengaging on its own and sometimes won't engage for 10-15 seconds without the gas pressed so it won't allow the car to try to slow down. Does anyone know what this could be?
If you are still under warranty, get that thing in to the shop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are still under warranty, get that thing in to the shop.
I'm not. I'm a delivery driver and i have 62,000 miles on it. I just paid $600 for the clutch and $300 to have it put in and it didn't make much of a difference

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also failed to mention that there is a loud rattle when I come to a complete stop and it stop when I push the clutch in and then release it, then it goes back to making a whining noise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think the best bet is for me to get a foreign car. I've only had American made cars and they don't last long unless you get an older one. The foreign cars last quite awhile

·
Administrator
15,676 Posts
I think the best bet is for me to get a foreign car. I've only had American made cars and they don't last long unless you get an older one. The foreign cars last quite awhile
Your issue is not one of foreign or domestic. Your issue is one of manufacturer defect and not a very common one at that. Take peoples' advice and go take it to a dealer to get it serviced. There is obviously something wrong and you are obviously under warranty, so why is there any discussion about what you should do?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,705 Posts
Even if you changed the clutch, any internal transmission problems should be covered by the powertrain warranty. Take it in and have it looked at and see what they say before giving up on it.

Re: foreign cars - their reliability isn't what it's cracked out to be either, especially with lots of "updates" to new models recently.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Foreign vs domestic is pretty blurred these days. My 2011 Cruze had an Austrian built engine and transmission. I know the new Cruze engine is domestict built.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi KOD3_R3D,

I’m sorry to hear of this concern with your Cruze. I am not properly trained to offer technical advice, but I will be glad to take a further look into this concern for you. Please send us a private message referencing this thread if any extra assistance is needed. Thank you.

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll take it into the dealership. I just don't like dealing with the dealership because they had my car for 3 weeks the last time I took it in and didn't seem to fix the problem I took it in for. But I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a problem with a 2013 Cruise gear shift. It will go into reverse without lifting the ring on the shifter. Won't go far enough to the right to go into 5th and 6th,,,,,,,,,,,sometimes. Is there supposed to be a small cable that goes from the shifter down through the hole below? Not my car and haven't torn into it, yet. Only popped the trim out of the consol???????? Any ideas?????

41 - 54 of 54 Posts