·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the 7" and bose a decent upgrade over stock

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes forgot to mention that about 6in screen. There are 2 versions of the 7in as far as some don't have xm radio and no apple car or android auto. 18's 7in screen now has the ability to update through wifi

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,566 Posts
Definitely worth getting the 8" screen - the 7" screen comes with the previous version of MyLink (which is newer than the version of the 7" screen in the 1st gen Cruze). The Cruze loaner we had a couple weeks back had the 7", and while it was fine, the current version of MyLink is extremely good and worth the upgrade.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have a 2017 LT with the 8" Bose system and it sounds terrible but the dealer thinks it is just fine. I have visited 3 car radio shops in town and they all agree it is awful but hey won't touch it. I know about the tweaking provided in the menus but they aren't much help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Bose system is flat, no definition and that is when the background buzz and echoes are suppressed as much as possible with the tools provided. Everything sounds like a crazy reverb filter has been applied. You have to hear it to believe it, have placed a 10 year old battery powered kitchen radio on the front seat and it sounds better. I am truly astounded that the GM techs tell me that it sounds great with a straight face, there must be a hidden agenda here some place.

·
Registered
19 Posts
(Wouldn't be surprised. I have had loaner cars with the Bose system and it sounds good. Maybe you should contact Bose. They have a reputation to uphold. Maybe they can help you.)

I did contact them this morning and received a reply a few hours later. The reply was specific to my problem not a boilerplate "no reply" message. I am impressed and will keep you in the loop as this case progresses.

·
COTM Winner
6,566 Posts
Mine's no 1000w luxury car stereo with 20 speakers, but the Bose system is pretty good for what it is.
Agreed. My Volt's Bose system is nothing compared to what is in my Cobalt, but it certainly is no slouch (it also has an actual sub, rather than just 6x9s "subs" in the sedan's deck, or the tiny little 5" woofer in the hatch's floor).

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll definitely be interested to hear how that turns out. That's not normal at all. My Bose system in my Cruze sounds good too for this class of car. It doesn't have thundering bass by any means, but it does have good clarity and sound. It definitely does not have an echo or 'reverb' sound to it at all in mine. Is this all audio sources that you're getting this same type of sound? Or is it only some sources? If it's through your cell phone, your phone could possibly have some sound effects or DSP turned on. Just an idea. When you say Tech's say it sounds great, I'm wondering if they're listening to it on a difference source than you usually do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll definitely be interested to hear how that turns out. That's not normal at all. My Bose system in my Cruze sounds good too for this class of car. It doesn't have thundering bass by any means, but it does have good clarity and sound. It definitely does not have an echo or 'reverb' sound to it at all in mine. Is this all audio sources that you're getting this same type of sound? Or is it only some sources? If it's through your cell phone, your phone could possibly have some sound effects or DSP turned on. Just an idea. When you say Tech's say it sounds great, I'm wondering if they're listening to it on a difference source than you usually do.
The problem is present with engine running or not, AM FM memory stick all the same. No CD slot in this system. I have been in the car with the shop foreman when he put the thing through a variety of settings and told me with a straight face that he thought it sounds great.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Everyone is different in their preferences and hearing. All comes down to how/what one hears may not be the same as anyone else does...I know how I like my music to sound and to my parents and kids it is too loud and too heavy.:lala: :banghead::yahoo::rock:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Everyone is different in their preferences and hearing. All comes down to how/what one hears may not be the same as anyone else does...I know how I like my music to sound and to my parents and kids it is too loud and too heavy.:lala: :banghead::yahoo::rock:
Very true, the best system available in a car should be able to satisfy all preferences to an extent, mine satisfies and is defended by only the vendor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would stay in contact with Bose. Like I said they have a rep to uphold. Maybe they can push gm or the dealer to do something. I received a Bose Bluetooth speaker free through my job and it came not working. Contacted Bose and they shipped me a new one no questions asked. The new one worked perfectly.

·
COTM Winner
6,566 Posts
I would stay in contact with Bose. Like I said they have a rep to uphold. Maybe they can push gm or the dealer to do something. I received a Bose Bluetooth speaker free through my job and it came not working. Contacted Bose and they shipped me a new one no questions asked. The new one worked perfectly.
Bose has always had some of the better customer service in the industry.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.