Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
The comment about GM being in bed with oil companies is quite absurd. Every time gas goes up, GM's biggest profit makers SUV and trucks see sales go down.
if they weren't, why wouldn't the actually produce MORE vehicles that get ridiculous mileage? why not put a 2.0ish motor in a midsize, put a lil turbo on it, and get better mileage than the current 3900 motors with better power? why not do what they can to cut drag? they drop the eco .5" and it drops drag coefficient from .31 to .28 if i remember right...why not drop it an inch or more total? or give people the option to have a little more drop from the factory, esp when they live in FLAT areas. trust me, they COULD produce a cruze that would get a stickered 50 mpg if they wanted...but they dont. they do as little as they have to to keep up with competition and to keep the feds happy. that is it.

on that note, my DIC showed 56.5 mpg for the trip home from the beach yesterday. again, the east coast gets hilly as crap once you leave the lowcountry, plus augusta is 135 ft above sea level, and obviously the beach is at sea level. all my friends that have seen those numbers have been in awe.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.