Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

67.1 MPG on 25 Mile Loop and Computer Accuracy

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  spacedout 
#1 ·
Had to upload this pic, hard to believe but true - 67.1 MPG on the PA turnpike for 25 miles. Never dropped below 62 MPH. Yes there was some downhill involved, but not all 25 miles haha :)

Speedometer Auto part Car Vehicle Odometer

Also, I reset the trip computer and filled up, then drove about a week. Mostly highway, but lots of full throttle and short trips too. The computer said 43.0 MPG over 490.5 miles. I filled up at the exact same pump in the exact same way and it took 11.236 gallons for 43.65 MPG manually calculated which indicates the computer on my car is slightly pessimistic. In highway driving I am finding it's very easy to exceed 50MPG at normal speeds.

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice. I can't wait to take mine on some longer trips. I will be doing a 150 mile roundtrip today mostly on backroads ~55mph. I will let you all know how that goes. then next month I have a 1100 mile round trip on the highway, then I will really see how this baby does.

Question on the Fuelly account, how does it work? do you have to enter your mileage and when you fill up and how many gallons and etc and everything?

#4 · (Edited)
At a minimum you just need to add miles driven and gallons to refill. It'll calculate and average everything for you. You optionally can add $/gallon, percentage of city vs highway and any notes you want. It'll automatically attach a date to your entry (the day you entered the info), but you can change it if you need to. It also has a smart phone app called "Gas Tracker" - great for entering your info at the pump.

#6 ·
So I signed up for Fuelly and added a fill-up but I don't see 2014 Cruze under the Browse section. Anybody know how to find it?

#10 ·
If this car comes with the 6 speed MT it will be amazing that is for sure. Diesel owners a quick question when you come to a stop sign or let off the gas coasting, When you get to about 30-20 mph and your still coasting do you get a pretty hard upshift to 2nd then once you hit 15 or so its like it kicks itself into neutral and rolls great? I'm guessing its the way the car is geared. I had not driven another Diesel to see if it shifts like that?

#11 ·
Now that you mention it, yes mine does seem to do something like that, but if I remember correctly only when it's cold. I will have to pay more attention. I just attributed it to a characteristic of the car.

#12 ·
Great mpg - thanks for sharing! This may be the car I trade my eco for, when the time comes...hopefully they're available in manual by then

Reactions: rescueswimmer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.