Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67k miles of running full synthetic dexos1 5w-30 changed every 7500-8000 miles, 63k of those miles tuned, and this is what I see down the fill hole:

Not even varnish in the corners that see little oil. Little cam wear, either.

Not bad, not bad...

·
Super Moderator
7,815 Posts
Nice shots!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,546 Posts
Sure looks a lot better than this (35 years of dino oil) :)

On a side note, never let an "experienced mechanic" change cam seals.

While the cams looked pretty darn good at 210K (ran synthetic oil its whole life)...this was NOT good. I think Wolverine went in there to get the cam seals out.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Lookin good sciphi! My dealership uses Mobil 1 and I'm at 55K now and hope I get the same results!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great Sciphi! I'm following the same regement with PennZoil Platinum, hope to see at least 200k out of mine. What brand oil are you using?
Whatever is on sale that is full synthetic, dexos1, and 5w-30. That has meant a good bit of Quaker State Ultimate Durability. The engine's also seen Mobil 1 and Peak Full Syn. I'm specification and grade loyal, not so much brand-loyal. I happened upon Mobil 1 for $4/quart, so some of that will go in next oil change.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
67k miles of running full synthetic dexos1 5w-30 changed every 7500-8000 miles, 63k of those miles tuned, and this is what I see down the fill hole:

Not even varnish in the corners that see little oil. Little cam wear, either.

Not bad, not bad...

Bad not Bad Not , well that exterior engine cover and surrounding surfaces are freaking filthy , what did you drive through a dust up ? How often do you change your air cleaner ? -wink - wink -

What else do we have to do ---

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Yeah mine appears to be in similar condition even after 142k miles. I have cleaned my engine 2x this summer and it still looks like new !
Excellent! Last I heard from you, you had 100k miles on your car. I assume it's still running like a champ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
My engine bay gets incredibly dirty. I imagine a lot of the reason for that is from the cover underneath the engine bay being cut out due to the ENGINES BURSTING IN TO FLAMES issue. It sucks big time because at 8K miles my engine bay is incredibly dirty.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
My engine bay gets incredibly dirty. I imagine a lot of the reason for that is from the cover underneath the engine bay being cut out due to the ENGINES BURSTING IN TO FLAMES issue. It sucks big time because at 8K miles my engine bay is incredibly dirty.
One can wash things if your that concerned about it, even after 15,000 miles of the engine shield being cut I have just a fine dusting of the engine bay. I don't look under the hood that often anyway, so doesn't really concern me.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts