Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody ...

My car is a Daewoo Lacetti Premier 2009 (the one which looks like the Chevy Cruz), and I've been having automatic transmission gear shifting issues for a long time. I'm planning to clean the valve body my self. So, any advice? I'm only planning to clean it not replace any gaskets, springs, plastic balls ... etc.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Have you completely exchanged/flushed the fluid? Usually that's all that's needed unless there are internal issues (slipping clutches, bad solenoids, etc).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it is a bit long story. There was a water/oil mixture in the trans which later got damaged and then fixed afterwards. The next day after I drove my car out of the auto shop, the shifting issue started and I was told that the TCM (solenoid pack) needs to be replaced! I replaced it but still the shifting thing occurs! So I was wondering maybe it is the valve body that was not cleaned.
Anyway, it is a long story so I just shortened it.

Any advice? I want to try and clean it my self. The is what I found in the TCM! (the picture) View attachment 223458 View attachment 223466

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's going to require a complete overhaul. Find yourself a good degreaser, a transmission repair manual, and get started.
The transmission is already overhauled. But I don't know what happened to the TCM after that, and why I had to replace it. Note that the one installed now is of a Chevy Cruz not a Daewoo Lacetti Premier 2009. It only shifts from 2nd to 3rd and stays on 3rd (no reverse). So what is to overhaul you mean here? The valve body? I thought it may require just cleaning.

·
17,346 Posts
Fresh fluid/a flush is the only real cleaning you can do without disassembling the entire trans again. Should be all that's needed if the box in itself is still good/was rebuilt correctly.

I think the TCM you put in might be incompatible with your car. What trans codes are stored?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fresh fluid/a flush is the only real cleaning you can do without disassembling the entire trans again. Should be all that's needed if the box in itself is still good/was rebuilt correctly.

I think the TCM you put in might be incompatible with your car. What trans codes are stored?
The error code was P0752... sorry for not replying earlier, internet connection was down! I want to know if there's a way to see if the problem was electrical.
I read about this error code and it's about the shift solenoid and the problem could be mechanical not electrical.

·
17,346 Posts
The error code was P0752... sorry for not replying earlier, internet connection was down! I want to know if there's a way to see if the problem was electrical.
I read about this error code and it's about the shift solenoid and the problem could be mechanical not electrical.
Sounds like the solenoid itself is bad and isn't cycling.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
In the photo(s) I only see trans fluid and the white potting sealant over the circuit board.

You indicate the trans was reconditioned......what was done with the torque converter? I'm assuming it was exchanged since they cannot be effectively cleaned unless cut open, reconditioned and rewelded.

I would be inclined to replace the valve body assembly (since the electronics are part of it).

Was this entire car in deep water?

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had same problem and i changed TCU. What i have found out. ANY TCU is compatible if you make CLoning. 6T40 or 45 or 50 from any car.

youtube. com/watch?v= YO7fIpEQPd4

1 - 13 of 13 Posts