Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a car I have "lusted after in my heart" from the moment I heard it was available.:smile: As a retired teacher, grandpa and road warrior, you'd think I'd want a Beemer or vette, but finances can't be ignored.
Okay, so I'm easy to please...actually not...The Eco has lived up to expectations in the mpg dept, and then some. The manual trannie handles just fine and keeps me from getting into trouble trying to do too much while I drive. You know stuff like eat, text or read a map. It looks awesome in the Autumn color with bright alloy special wheels.:th_coolio: And it's cool how nearly every eco I've seen like it, is driven by another cool ol' guy like me.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your ECO. I can vouch for the fact that the ECO MT really likes to open up and run in the upper 80s to lower 90s. Unfortunately there's no place in the US where I can let her run - maybe Texas Route 130, but that's only 40 miles or so.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I finally got a car I have "lusted after in my heart" from the moment I heard it was available.:smile: As a retired teacher, grandpa and road warrior, you'd think I'd want a Beemer or vette, but finances can't be ignored.
Same here - once I saw the ECO, being an Engineer, I was hooked. So many tech features that just seemed so right that I had to get one. I have had a Porsche, and a Mercedes and my Son and Step Son both have Beemers. German cars are nicely engineered but maintaining them becomes pricey once out of warranty or off lease. I have had my ECO up to 100 - very nice and stable (had to move out of the way of an Audi).

·
Registered
51 Posts
The car is fun to drive. The only thing keeping my mileage down is it's too easy to wind it up in first, second and third!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts