Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

71K mile update

3350 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  MP81
So after driving my 2018 diesel 6 speed for 71K miles I think that the drive axles are starting to show wear. The car is dead quiet while driving along, but as soon as I start to turn I hear (and kinda feel) a metal friction noise. It could be nothing, But I would not be suprised to hear a front end clicking noise while turning sometime this summer. Then it will be time to replace the axles. I am planning on new belt and maybe a water pump this summer as well.

Other than that the car has been great, No major issues. All oil changes have been done, New tires, New air filter, New cabin filter, and 1 broken TPMS sensor.

If you need to keep the best MPG, really look at your tires when you need some. I got 60K out of the OEM tires and put on some cheap Sentury touring tires about 10K miles ago and have not been able to get back to the high 50's MPG on my commute.
Reactions: Carminooch
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.