Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
567Chief, did you get pictures of the DIC and gas pump showing the tank mileage and fillup? I didn't realize diesel fuel in the US also had winter blends.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have a photo but for some reason I am having issues with attaching it. I have attached photos in the past without an issue but for some reason a blank window pops up?? If I resolve it, I will post the photo. As I understand it, we also use a winter blend.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Uh, burning 16.8 gallons of diesel fuel out of a 15.6 gallon tank takes more than a little "magic", ie:

16.8 GALS = 800.4 MILES / 47.6 MPG

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Given the thread about 18 gallons in a Diesel it appears the CDT has a larger fill pipe than the gas versions.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Hm-m-m-m, last I heard, the same fuel tank is used in both models, gasoline and diesel, and only difference was pump assembly which limits capacity for Eco (obviously not in diesel)...with same tank, and same fuel cap/door location, would not expect GM to use anything but the same filler-tube?!?

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Uh, burning 16.8 gallons of diesel fuel out of a 15.6 gallon tank takes more than a little "magic", ie:

Yeah I noticed the same math. I am also under the impression the cruze diesel uses a 15.9 gallon tank im wondering where this extra gallon is from.

I am willing to bet the cruze diesel is capable of reaching 1000 miles in a single tank which would require about a 63mpg average. The eco is able to achieve a 53mpg average if not higher. I mean I was able to average 51.6 mpg over 8,000 miles this past summer. I am talking basic weather conditions no favors from the wind.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Still amazed at the mileage some of you get. My best tank has been 42 mpg. Never been able to keep the average above 46 for very long. I do drive conservatively and coast to stop lights as much as possible. Pretty much already been driving the way the fuel economy thread says. Got in the habit of it driving my RAM 2500. My tires are set at the correct pressure. Maybe y'all are driving slower?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
10,712 Posts
Still amazed at the mileage some of you get. My best tank has been 42 mpg. Never been able to keep the average above 46 for very long. I do drive conservatively and coast to stop lights as much as possible. Pretty much already been driving the way the fuel economy thread says. Got in the habit of it driving my RAM 2500. My tires are set at the correct pressure. Maybe y'all are driving slower?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Driving styles and enviroment play a factor as well. My best MPG in my gas ECO is straight turnpike or freeway for high speeds and 34 mpg in 4th gear or 43 in 6th gear coast in non conjested city night time driving. Lowest speed I can hold in 6th is 37mph and thats pretty much a down hill coast an no acceleration power whatsoever. My 17's are set to 46 PSI all 4 corners.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As of the last couple of tanks, I fill up to the top of the tube. Considering I had 60 miles remaining, 17+ gal capacity is not unreasonable. I will say, due to the foaming characteristics of diesel, it takes a bit of time. As I indicated in my first message, the DIC v/s the math was within .1 MPG and will be more accurate if you fill to the very top every time.

·
Registered
269 Posts
As of the last couple of tanks, I fill up to the top of the tube. Considering I had 60 miles remaining, 17+ gal capacity is not unreasonable. I will say, due to the foaming characteristics of diesel, it takes a bit of time. As I indicated in my first message, the DIC v/s the math was within .1 MPG and will be more accurate if you fill to the very top every time.
Doesn't the diesel circulate fuel near the engine to keep it warm? If this is true, that system could be another source of space beyond the tank size.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
HyperCruzer badge changed from silver to gold.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts