Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, its been a long time since i made a thread on the forum!

Its because i didn't have much to say, my Cruze is going well, still trying to improve it and i check from time to time what you guys are chattin about.

Ok, i need peeps with a TUNED 1.4 with 80000 miles or more, to tell me how it is going and if any problems poped up. Thx.

Registered
I'm over 100k with no issues.

Administrator

Registered
I am halfway there at 41,000 miles on my 2011 LT1. I haven't had any real problems other than a gasket on the coolant sensor on the water outlet. Had it replaced when I had the coolant changed so no big deal. I think they should of covered it under the power train warranty and gave me a new water outlet. But I will be happy if that is all that happens in the next 41,000 milles. I don't put many miles on my cars so time is more of an enemy than miles for me.:grin:

Registered
I hit 90k, been tuned for about 35k. Just the normal issues. Water pump, and a cracked fly wheel.

Registered
there is a member thats at around 250 K i think or more.He uses the car for work i think.If you see the list of repairs its not really much either.One of these motors driven normally with very good maintenance will go many miles

Administrator
I hit 90k, been tuned for about 35k. Just the normal issues. Water pump, and a cracked fly wheel.
I wouldn't call a cracked fly wheel normal.

Administrator
there is a member thats at around 250 K i think or more.He uses the car for work i think.If you see the list of repairs its not really much either.One of these motors driven normally with very good maintenance will go many miles
CruzeEcoBlueTopaz is over 350,000 miles by a couple of weeks.

Resident Forum Drunkard
He never tells us about his behind though and how those seats have endured his behinds constant abuse !

Registered
I keep up on maintenance on all my cars & for some reason I feel like this car is going to die before 100k. I don't know why I feel like this I just do. Does it drive & feel good yes. I also feel all my cars could die at anytime. I had a 1992 chevy beretta GT I drove for 10 years w/ 318k on her before I drove her to the junkyard. The most happen bad was 2 sets of struts(rear driver side I welded the top section because of rust), lower intake gasket at 280k, fuel pump at 250k, oil pan gasket at 280k, but the body was rotting away so I gave up. There was also motor mounts, heater core & a few other non major thing. But over all great car. This is how I saved a lot of money from her. Plus by no means was she perfect but she was one of my greats. I do all my own mechanic work too.

Registered
Here you go of the miles hit 140k also the car has been tuned for sometime and I've used nitrous on it a few times I the past and now the fun begins

Attachments

Registered
Here you go of the miles hit 140k also the car has been tuned for sometime and I've used nitrous on it a few times I the past and now the fun begins
How did it feel with nitrous? Did you take it to the track when you used it? If no what do you think your 1/4 mile time was? That is insane you had nitrous on it. I was thinking of this before I got rid of some of my cars but I was to cheap to spend money on fun stuff. You made my morning too thanks.

Administrator

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #16
Thx alot guys!

Nice to know that the lil 1.4 can still go after a while.

Registered
Hi Poje,
I'm new to cruze talk. But have 2014 cruze with 20k miles and a crew that has 2012 cruzes they all have 100k + miles with trifecta tuning and not one problem. So im pretty sure you wil be fine. these cars are made to last there 1 American and 2 chevys lol.

Registered
How did it feel with nitrous? Did you take it to the track when you used it? If no what do you think your 1/4 mile time was? That is insane you had nitrous on it. I was thinking of this before I got rid of some of my cars but I was to cheap to spend money on fun stuff. You made my morning too thanks.
never tracked it my local track gets packed. I've raced my buddies bolt on and tuned rsxS it was a a car with him giving me the hit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts