Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was posed with a question by a Member about whether the OE Head Unit that is installed in the cruzen has a DSP for the signals passed to the drivers ..

This obsevation perplexed me and well at this time I do not know exactly how to give an apropriate response to this equation ..

So here it is . Does the OE H U have a Digital Signal Processor to decipher the fequencies that are then sent to the 6 channels that are installed into the cruzen ?

Perfect answers recieve the Box of snickers that is owed me by Aussie for the last three years for guessing that our cruzens have a charcoal canister adjacent to our fill pipes .. Good Luck .

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
If I remember the wiring diagram correctly, there's only 4 channels for the non-Pioneer unit. The tweeters get the same signal as the doors. Just the usual cap somewhere for a cross-over.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would appreciate a copy of said Diagram for a closer look please ..

If this is true then here would be the answer that the above member had asked of me .
Or he could be correct in his expressed idea !

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
I took a look. I remembered right. For the base unit and nav unit, there's only 4 channels coming out of the radio. The tweeters are connected to the door speakers somewhere in the harness.

The Pioneer unit is a 7 channel: The same 4 channels plus the center speaker, and a channel for each of the subs. I'll have to see if I can dig up something to capture the diagram.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So where is the crossover for the tweeters located ?

A pillar possibly .

OB writes I 've been hacked ..sorry Mike for Bablen ...I must be special !

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
So where is the crossover for the tweeters located?
No cross-over visible in the wiring diagram. It has to be in the speaker module itself. Both speakers are getting full-rage at the terminals. Probably nothing more than a cap to keep the bass out of the tweeter.

I found this photo in another thread. That yellow thing looks like said cap.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts