Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2011 Cruze- took it to a drive-through car wash. Immediately after, the thermometer read -40 degrees farenheit and the fan was working, but the cool air stopped coming out. It was just regular air. Any idea what could've happened? I've never had these issues before.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The A/C compressor will shut off if it's too cold outside. Since it was being told the outside temp was -40 it figured it didn't need to run. Definitely a wet sensor. The sensor is in the driver's side fog lamp cover.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the exact same thing three days after I bought it(2012) took it to the eager and they replaced the sensor. It's located in one fog lamp cover on the drivers side.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
-40*F on your DIC is strictly an open thermistor on your ambient sensor. A short would peg the meter on the high end.

With a resistor substitution box, can actually plot your temperature curve versus resistance. Even may have to do this as they no longer provide this simple key specification.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Have a 2011 Cruze- took it to a drive-through car wash. Immediately after, the thermometer read -40 degrees farenheit and the fan was working, but the cool air stopped coming out. It was just regular air. Any idea what could've happened? I've never had these issues before.

Bcronenwett,
Are you still experiencing this issue? If you are I would recommend contacting your dealer. Please keep me posted and if you any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I agree, mine did the same thing but it was because I left it unplugged after removing the bumper on accident. Let it dry and plugged it back in and all was well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remove the battery head and try to fix the sensor located underneath the fog light, you should be up and going

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Remove the battery head and try to fix the sensor located underneath the fog light, you should be up and going
Good advice, but you may want to check the dates on the posts before you respond. ;)

(Trust me, you're not the first to get sucked in).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts