Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my A/C clutch/bearing crapped out this weekend. I needed a quick fix to continue driving the car for work.
I figured out a belt that would fit and bypass the A/C compressor.
it’s a Bando belt number I got at NAPA….. BAO 6NP1205.
It was a tight fit but worked
Next time I would go with a BAO 6NP1215 for ease of install. There was no issues with interference with the engine mount.

I looked high and low all over the internet for somebody who has done this and found zero info on it.
So I hope this helps somebody out that may be in a jam and needs their vehicle up and running ASAP.
Tom.

·
Registered
724 Posts
For a quick fix, you can use silk stockings (pantyhose) or a strap like this guy used:
Many years ago I drove 2 days with an improvised belt like that so it works but just to get you to a safe location where you can properly fix it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you don’t mind could you give me that belt size I am unable to locate the belt at Napa. If I had the size I can just go buy that size. Thank you

So my A/C clutch/bearing crapped out this weekend. I needed a quick fix to continue driving the car for work.
I figured out a belt that would fit and bypass the A/C compressor.
it’s a Bando belt number I got at NAPA….. BAO 6NP1205.
It was a tight fit but worked
Next time I would go with a BAO 6NP1215 for ease of install. There was no issues with interference with the engine mount.

I looked high and low all over the internet for somebody who has done this and found zero info on it.
So I hope this helps somebody out that may be in a jam and needs their vehicle up and running ASAP.
Tom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts