Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

I have a 2011 LTZ in which the a/c compressor clutch just failed. The car has around 120k miles so I plan to overhaul the a/c system and wanted to run my plans by you guys to make sure I am ordering the correct pats and not missing any steps.

-I have a local shop that will discharge the system of the R134a for me for free because I plan to have them charge the system once everything is installed.

A/C system Parts: All parts have been sourced on Rock Auto

-A/C Compressor - ACDELCO 1522253 {#13271268, 13395695, 1522209}
-
A/C Expansion Valve - FOUR SEASONS 39368
-
A/C Condensor -TYC 3794 {#13267649, 22869501, GM3030285} **This includes the receiver drier/desiccant tube**
-A/C System O-ring, Seals, Gaskets Kit -GPD 1321337 {#MT2741}

If anyone can confirm these are the correct parts and that I am not missing anything it would be greatly appreciated! I tried to find a write up in the how-to section but was unsuccessful, thank you all in advance for any advice you can give me!

Here's a picture of the clutch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you for the welcome!

Great idea on adding the condenser guard!

As for the PAG oil, is this something added directly to the compressor before it's attached to the car or will an A/C shop add it during the recharge process?

Here is a picture of the clutch side of the compressor. The a/c was functioning completely fine until one day it just snapped in three places...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, theoretically can I open the system and replace the a/c compressor, condenser, desiccant tube, and expansion valve. Then take it to a shops and have them evacuate and charge the system as well as add in the PAG oil. Or is the oil something I add to the compressor before the install?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump!!!!

So, theoretically can I open the system and replace the a/c compressor, condenser, desiccant tube, and expansion valve. Then take it to a shops and have them evacuate and charge the system as well as add in the PAG oil. Or is the oil something I add to the compressor before the install?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much for the help, Rob!

I will give my shop a call in the morning tomorrow to discuss how they want to handle it.

I agree on "overcooking" the repair, but I figured since a condenser and expansion valve are relatively cheap (under 100 bucks) would it be worth replacing since the system will already be open to replace the compressor?

Lastly, I wish I could just replace the a/c clutch, it's too bad they are no longer serviceable. Would it be worth attempting to weld back together the clutch where it broke? Or is this just a stupid idea?

1 - 6 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.