Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, In need of some help here. I have a 2013 Cruze Eco P.O.S. My a/c compressor will not come on. I checked the fuse and is ok also changed out the pressure switch and added more FREE-On gauge shows that it's on the green so i am assuming there is enough FREE-ON in there. I have 140k on it. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well newer cars don’t use Freon, so I hope you didnt add that. But anyway, does the ambient temperature gauge read correctly? If not, I think it may not come on as it could thinks it’s too cold out. Have you tried tapping on the clutch when it’s on with a plastic ended screwdriver? (Be careful, if you injure yourself I am not to blame) But I have seen that trick a few times to diagnose if the AC Clutch is bad.

·
Registered
955 Posts
The system may still be low on gas pressure as that gauge is meant to be in the green with the compressor running. With the compressor off, the low side pressure would read higher than when it is running. Compressor will not start if under charged.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
That gauge works when compressor is running. Not sitting there.

You need at least 50 to kick compressor on. A fully charged system will read around 110ish. That's if you're in the south.

If you're in the north and the temps are below 40*. You won't have enough pressure to kick compressor on.

Freon contracts in the cold. Too the point there's not enough pressure to make the compressor run.

And for those that don't want to believe. Torque pro app has a ac gauge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, i should have mentioned that i live in So. California. So i do need that **** A/C. It's not Free-on it's R134A that is in the system. I will try and knock on the compressor with a plastic screwdriver and see if anything changes. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Check the temperature as reported on the radio. If it's something like -40, the A/C will not run. A number of people have had problems with the connection to the outside air temp sensor. If it gets unplugged and water gets into it, you can get that kind of false reading. The sensor is located in the driver's fog light cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts