Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed the past couple days when driving at slower speeds, less than 20 mph, the A/C fan speed starts fluctuating up and down, anyone else notice this with their Gen 2? It may have been doing it prior, but I just noticed it because I've been running it at higher fan speeds because it's hotter outside

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,526 Posts
Nope. Stays exactly where I set it until the engine shuts off.

There was an early battery cable recall campaign for the car, and there have also been issues with water leakage into the trunk battery compartment. I'd pop the trunk liner and have a look.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I wonder if they mean when braking and stuff they notice a slight dip in fan speed until they're no longer braking? Rather than fan speeds physically changing. I've noticed this exact thing in several cars before, but much more so in smaller engine cars, such as the Cruze. I attributed the fact that the brake boosters require a lot of power and it puts drag on the engine, which causes the fan speeds to surge.. especially noticeable if I have the speed over level 2.

If I'm totally way off base, then you can disregard, but I do totally experience this issue haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
My gen 2 Cruze does this. I believe it's due to alternator output. The charging system has intelligent control that primarily charges while the car is slowing or braking, which causes the voltage to increase which in turn causes fan speed to vary. The setting of the fan doesn't change, but there is a noticeable variation in speed/noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
260 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.