Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AC randomly just stopped blowing the other day. Got a after market resistor replacement because that was the only thing that made sense. It works for little bit but stopped. Lines still are cold, i cleaned the filter behind the glove back and not sure whats going on... Help please.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Check high and low side pressures to get an idea. Is condensor fan running?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Yep, checking pressures would be the next step. Could be a low charge; could be something like a bad expansion valve.

·
Registered
253 Posts
When you say the fan is not running are you talking about the fan in the car blowing the air or the fan cooling the engine. If you are talking about the fan in the car not working then that has nothing to do with the air conditioner working ornot working it will still blow air. Does it work without the A/C on?

If its the fan in the car it could be a bad fan or resistor is bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can hear everything come on as usual. I replaced the blower motor resistor last Saturday. When i first hooked it up the air blow strong and after a day there is no more Air blowing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can hear everything come on as usual. I replaced the blower motor resistor last Saturday. When i first hooked it up the air blow strong and after a day there is no more Air blowing. I have tried with and without the A/C on.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello Jsmith101585,

We regret to hear that you are experiencing a concern with the A/C in your Cruze. We realize that you are taking a do-it-yourself approach, however, if you would like to have this checked out by your local GM dealership please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, the mileage of your vehicle, and your preferred dealership. We are happy to assist.

Best,

Netty J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

AC randomly just stopped blowing the other day. Got a after market resistor replacement because that was the only thing that made sense. It works for little bit but stopped. Lines still are cold, i cleaned the filter behind the glove back and not sure whats going on... Help please.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Ok, if replacing the blower motor resistor fixed it, but then it stopped, I'd suggest replacing both the resistor and the blower. I think the blower is bad and burning out the resistors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts