Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2015 Cruze lt with 40k miles. Recently the AC went out. It baffles me because I have never owned a vehicle that the AC went out before 75k miles. We took it to get it inspected and they deemed the compressor and condenser. 1500 to get it back going. Again being such a new car I thought they just said that because that's usually what most places will say if they aren't experts. Today during my wife's ride home she cut the air on and it worked. So I am at a loss. Could it be the AC clutch ? I want to fix it but not replace the whole system if it's not necessary.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,487 Posts
Does the outside temp sensor show incorrect readings? Could also be a low/high side pressure sensor or bad cooling fan...we've seen some of each on Cruzes.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
TAke it to the dealer and see what they say. Might just be low on freon. If the temps in your area have warmed up it might be enough to cause some type of freon expansion to have enough pressure to kick on. Although usually when it's that low. There's no cold air. It'll be warm.

You might have warranty also.

It could be a low pressure sensor or a high pressure sensor or the fan sensor switch. Low on freon. 1 of the switches inside the car. Computer. Could be anything electrical.
Could be a bad connection with the compressor also.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Since the components that supposedly failed don't fix themselves you can legitimately assume the diagnosis was a shot in the dark.
Consider staying away from that shop.

Obviously you now have to wait for it to act up again and, as stated above, try to notice if the ambient temp display is acting up at the same time.
The sensor can shut the system off if it sends incorrect information to the computer.

Any amount of luck......will never occur again.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts