Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up hey I’m a new member to the site my wife has a 2015 LTZ 1.4 turbo and all was good after we got it back from dealership after about a month the temp gauge stops working well thus being in winter I was using the heat so no need for a/c then on the dash it issued the “a/c off due to hight engine temp” code so I replaced the thermostat and thermostat housing along with the sensor most of you probably know it’s all one piece. Well this didn’t fix my problem and my wife don’t have air conditioning summer is approaching someone help me out here where do I turn next.

· Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,231 Posts
Did you bleed the radiator afterward?
Did you disconnect the battery BEFORE replacing the sensor? If not you need to reset the system by leaving the battery disconnected for an hour or so.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you bleed the radiator afterward?
Did you disconnect the battery BEFORE replacing the sensor? If not you need to reset the system by leaving the battery disconnected for an hour or so.
Okay I’ll be at work mostly today but I’ll reset the computer by disconnecting the positive terminal on my cars battery and I will get with you after I do that. But wouldn’t the ac still blow cold before resetting the computer?

· The Nuclear Option
5,870 Posts
Okay I’ll be at work mostly today but I’ll reset the computer by disconnecting the positive terminal on my cars battery and I will get with you after I do that. But wouldn’t the ac still blow cold before resetting the computer?
No. The ECM disabled the air conditioning if it thinks the engine has overheated.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,161 Posts
What’s up hey I’m a new member to the site my wife has a 2015 LTZ 1.4 turbo and all was good after we got it back from dealership after about a month the temp gauge stops working well thus being in winter I was using the heat so no need for a/c then on the dash it issued the “a/c off due to hight engine temp” code so I replaced the thermostat and thermostat housing along with the sensor most of you probably know it’s all one piece. Well this didn’t fix my problem and my wife don’t have air conditioning summer is approaching someone help me out here where do I turn next.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

It could be the other sensor and/or the connections were contaminated with coolant and need to be cleaned.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.