Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the yesturday in out change my oil on the Cruze I had just given it a light little drive to warm the oil to get out the most I could. As I go to put everything back together I notice there is allot of condensation on my a/c line but I never turn my a/c on I'm use to not having it actually my first car with a/c. So my question is why are my a/c lines cold and running if my a/c button is not on. Is the compresors clutch stuck or is this how it's suppose to be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I kind of do its on the bottom middle button witch is floor vents and windshield vents but I have the temperature set in the middle of hot and cold.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,536 Posts
You should always turn on your compressor, even in the middle of winter if just for a few minutes to keep the system from not working when needed
Don't do this if you don't need defrost. Running in cold temperatures is bad for the compressor.

The AC compressor should stop switching on around 36 or so F when defrost is activated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't do this if you don't need defrost. Running in cold temperatures is bad for the compressor.

The AC compressor should stop switching on around 36 or so F when defrost is activated.
That is correct it will not work when it's cold due to the refrigerate will be in a liquid state and will blow up the compressor if it will turn on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts