Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I have a 2012 1.4 that I can't use the a/c because it shakes the whole car from engine vibration.

For the last 2 years I haven't been able to use the a/c over the 2nd fan speed or the fan stays on until I shut the car off and unhook the battery cable. I used the a/c on a 6 hour trip in May and as soon as I got home the water pump started puking dexcool. I replaced the water pump for the 4th time, and also swapped out the belt tensioner this time. Now I can't use the a/c at all because the compressor causes the whole car to shake when it kicks on. It's a similar shake as if the engine mounts are bad but they're not and they're torqued correctly. Is this a compressor issue? 2012 1.4 RS, 84k miles.
Hello JayTyler,

We understand your frustration towards your A/C and do genuinely apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. We wouldn't be able to advise on what may be occurring as we are not trained technicians, but would be happy to contact your dealer on your behalf if interested. We're available via private message and would need your VIN, contact information, and preferred dealership to get started.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.