Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 1.4 that I can't use the a/c because it shakes the whole car from engine vibration.

For the last 2 years I haven't been able to use the a/c over the 2nd fan speed or the fan stays on until I shut the car off and unhook the battery cable. I used the a/c on a 6 hour trip in May and as soon as I got home the water pump started puking dexcool. I replaced the water pump for the 4th time, and also swapped out the belt tensioner this time. Now I can't use the a/c at all because the compressor causes the whole car to shake when it kicks on. It's a similar shake as if the engine mounts are bad but they're not and they're torqued correctly. Is this a compressor issue? 2012 1.4 RS, 84k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shakes bad enough that I cant comfortably drive the car.
I changed the stock plugs at 74k. I put NGK BKR8EIX Iridium plugs in it and have to regap them every few thousand miles because they blow out and vary .032-.040.
The compressor makes a fairly loud humming noise, you can hear it with the hood closed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went through 3 pumps prior to the new tensioner. My dealership told me if the car is burning through water pumps, the stock tensioner is too tight and should be replaced. So i did that and it made the a/c issue worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.