Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,832 Posts
If the CLA is the benchmark they aim for, meh.

And then, what's the difference between it and the ATS? Seems like it would crowd Caddys lineup.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,832 Posts
GM used to understand that even if one of their performance cars doesn't sell well, it boosts brand recognition. A 400 HP Cruze would bring many people into the show rooms, even if they don't buy that, they'll buy something with a bow tie because of the DNA. I guess that doesn't matter anymore. They're putting all their performance efforts into the Corvette, Camaro and a car that's named after a trim level. (SS) Basically they're spending all their time on cars people already know are fast but aren't going to sell in mass numbers anyway.
I take it Ford sells a lot of cars that way. Customers come in wanting the 300+ HP variant of the Edge, Fusion, or Focus, and leave with one of the smaller, but still quite adequate engines once they see what their car would cost with options.

Me...I'm VERY interested in the Fusion Sport and less so in the hot Focus variants (they're fun to drive, but not practical enough). I'd strongly consider, but probably would not be entirely happy with, the regular 2.0.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.