Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2,170 Posts
They're doing it all wrong. They need to be re-working the Cruze to fit the 3.0L twin turbo and AWD. Perfect rally car to compete with the focus RS, WRX STI, and Evo.

·
2,170 Posts
GM used to understand that even if one of their performance cars doesn't sell well, it boosts brand recognition. A 400 HP Cruze would bring many people into the show rooms, even if they don't buy that, they'll buy something with a bow tie because of the DNA. I guess that doesn't matter anymore. They're putting all their performance efforts into the Corvette, Camaro and a car that's named after a trim level. (SS) Basically they're spending all their time on cars people already know are fast but aren't going to sell in mass numbers anyway.

·
2,170 Posts
I love GM but it's like I'm always rooting for the losing team. I get to see them make really dumb decisions and the competition thrive. But I still like my team, I'm sentimental. I'll always root for GM even if they don't always make sense. Ford figured it out, they sell almost all of their cars globally and offer many options.

My biggest issue with GM is they do sell much more interesting vehicles, but they sell them under the Holden and Vauxhall divisions of GM. In Europe, they sell almost every vehicle with a VXR performance variant. GM would be so great without GM politics. Stupid numbers on paper make their decisions for them instead of customers and common sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.