Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2014, LT1, RS, package
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , fist off I'd like to say it's great to be making my first poast after being a reader for so long... I have a 2014 lt1 with an rs package and many diffrent modifications on my cruze so I can do competitive autocross. She is also my daily and so far I have had good luck (but she also only has 29,000 miles).
A few days ago my a.c. unit started blowing hot air. So I did a bunch of poking around. After refilling the unit with refrigerant & having everything start working again I noticed why my 29k mile cruze was having another issue.My evaporator tube seal on my pressure hose where it meets the radiator is leaking (badly). I orderd a vaccume pump, lines, gages and fittings (which should arive any day now...thank you Amazon). This is the first time I am going to atempt a fix on my a.c, besides the refill. Can any one offer some words of wisdom, tips tricks or anything else usefull?!.... I have access to most general tools but don't have very many specialty tools. Anything helps!!
Thanks guys!
Kristen-

· Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,869 Posts
That's annoying.

The A/C system needs to be evacuated and filled by WEIGHT of refrigerant (it's listed on the car). It is extremely difficult to fill a variable displacement A/C system accurately with only a low pressure reading.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
That's annoying.

The A/C system needs to be evacuated and filled by WEIGHT of refrigerant (it's listed on the car). It is extremely difficult to fill a variable displacement A/C system accurately with only a low pressure reading.
Something to be aware of.

The labels are only good if the car has never been worked on. Probably not the case here. But I've seen cars that hold more then the roughly 1 lb label and suv's that hold less then the roughly 2 lb label.
I have a weight scale. It was $150 from napa. But I also buy 30lb. cylinders. $170. Cheaper and more efficient then using 12oz. cans. For me anyways.

The gen 1s hold 20 oz. The gen2's hold 17 oz. Provided they have original parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.