Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Valvoline synpower oil change with OEM filter. (1400 miles)
K&N intake
HPTuners "tweaks"

Is this the same car? Pretty happy with the results after only spending $300 total.
still need to see on tuning the throttle so it reads the correct percentage but other wise feels completely different. After completing the tune I would easily put a 30hp gain on it not to mention 50ft lbs tq. Just filled up and avg 34.7mpg driving around all weekend. This includes some city and 75-80 hwy speeds.

Reactions: Tjax

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
I wasn't aware that the HPTuner already came out for the Cruze, I'd love to see a dyno run!

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I wasn't aware that the HPTuner already came out for the Cruze, I'd love to see a dyno run!
Yeah, they've had support for a month or so now. I almost want to get HPT to eke out slightly more fuel economy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
How much is the license for HPTuners on the Cruze?

Back in the day You purchased the program and the cable for $500 (I think memory is a bit fuzzy) and it came with 5 "credits" each Vin cost some certain amount of credits for example my C5 Vette was 3.5 IIRC. You could buy additional credits to do more vehicles. Also as I recall it was 'round 100 bucks a credit? It's been a few years so I can be a little off here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much is the license for HPTuners on the Cruze?

Back in the day You purchased the program and the cable for $500 (I think memory is a bit fuzzy) and it came with 5 "credits" each Vin cost some certain amount of credits for example my C5 Vette was 3.5 IIRC. You could buy additional credits to do more vehicles. Also as I recall it was 'round 100 bucks a credit? It's been a few years so I can be a little off here.
They retail at $500 with 8 credits for standard version ($650 for wb plug in tuning). Each car cost about 2 credits (some more). I have owned my tuner for some time now buying it for $400 with 8 credits used. I have had a total of 55 credits on the tuner as I come from tuning the 3800 plat forums. The 2 credits it took ($100) and $200 K&N intake is the total cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts