Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

A New ‘Soft-Roader’ Called the Chevy Spark Activ is Coming to the US

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  GlennGlenn 
#1 ·

GM is preparing to expand the Chevrolet Spark family in the U.S.

The American automaker has prematurely given away its secret by certifying the new Spark Activ with the California Air Resources Board (CARB), which means that it can legally be sold in the Golden State. CARB spilled the beans by publishing the certification PDF. While the Spark Activ will also have to be certified with the EPA to be sold in other states, getting clearance from CARB suggests that Chevy plans to sell this car in the U.S.

In India, the Spark is sold as the Beat, and Chevy is also gearing up to introduce the Beat Activ (seen above) in that country. Chevy describes the Beat Activ as a 'soft-roader' with 'expressive design language,' which basically means that it has plastic cladding on the fenders and some unique styling cues to set it apart from the standard car.

The Spark Activ will likely follow closely in the Beat Activ’s footsteps, offering buyers more rugged design features compared to the standard Spark. Inside, a set of graphics and body colored panels help to set the Activ apart.

In the CARB certification, the Spark Activ is listed with the same 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine as the regular Spark that makes 98 horsepower and 94 lb-ft of torque.

GM has also trademarked the name Spark Activ in the United States, further pointing towards this car being sold here.

We reached out to General Motors for comment on this new model, but have not heard back as of publication time.
Read more about A New ‘Soft-Roader’ Called the Chevy Spark Activ is Coming to the US at AutoGuide.com.

See less See more
#3 ·
I like how it's offered with a manual transmission, and I like the integrated turn signals in the mirrors but that's about it on my list of likes.

#4 ·
It'll sell. Everyone thinks they need a crossover - so making your micro car into a crossover-y micro car is probably a good idea for sales.

#11 ·
I had a Spark for 3 days as service loaner and it was a POS. Slow, tram lined on highway, loud and definitely needed more power.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.