Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Just bought 2017 Cruze LT Manual Hatch. Silver w/ RS package. Primarily my wife's car and I'm sure she'll join us eventually on here.

I'm an old Marine vet who's been an ASE tech, hot rod builder, and run a few 4x4 custom fab shops, along with lots of retail management. Mech'd and sold Land Rovers back around the turn of the century. Have owned about everything oddball (Saabs, Subarus, Internationals, Unimog, Fiat, etc), and tons of old Ford trucks ('67-'79), but this is the first Chevy (other than a '71 C10 I had for few months after the Corps). Oddly enough, I recently started selling Chevrolet/GMC/Buick products in NW Alabama. Wife lived here for many years and has drug me into the heat from the Colorado mountains after we spent the last few years on a sailboat off SoCal.

I'll try to behave, but my only forum life has been at pirate4x4.com for 15+ years and that's a pretty hardcore environs. Hopefully, I bring a ton of diverse automotive experience to this place that might prove helpful to someone.

Very pleased with the purchase. Wife will only drive a stick and is a good wrench. She's digging it.

I recommended a variety of rides, including the Cruze as the only Chevy. She drove a ton and picked this one. Only thing I picked was the color. #RaiderNation

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
Howdy. Just bought 2017 Cruze LT Manual Hatch. Silver w/ RS package. Primarily my wife's car and I'm sure she'll join us eventually on here.

I'm an old Marine vet
Oh No, not another Jarhead! <GRIN>

Mech'd and sold Land Rovers back around the turn of the century. Have owned about everything oddball (Saabs, Subarus, Internationals, Unimog, Fiat, etc), and tons of old Ford trucks ('67-'79), but this is the first Chevy (other than a '71 C10 I had for few months after the Corps).
What! No AMCs? [/QUOTE]

I'll try to behave,
Riiiight!

Only thing I picked was the color.
Wow, I didn't even get to do that!

Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcomes! I love Pirate, but then I'm usually the one recommending blender usage. Can't do that here. :angel:

And, yes, Blasirl, I've had one AMC, along with a Merc, M37 ambulance, and a few old Grand Wagoneers, a J10, etc, etc. It hurts the head to think how many I've had that I wish I hadn't let go of so I tend to keep it succinct.

Happy to be here. Been setting the wife's horn off from work, sending directions to her dash info display while she's driving, etc for the last couple hours. This new tech stuff is fun! Only thing I've had that's newer that 2000 are an '05 Dodge Stratus ES & 2007 Expedition (both bought for the ex), and the 2014 Fiat 500L I bought to do Uber/Lyft while we were docked in San Diego for a while. I prefer to stay pre-'79. Looking for an old Chevy truck so I can represent the brand, but be in something I like. I can put a killer A/C system in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts