Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze LT that recently had minor work done to it related to the water pump (under recall). While they had it, they also replaced the thermostat, water outlet, and evap purge valve.

Now I keep on getting codes related to an evap leak. Also, whenever whenever I make turns, I hear what almost sounds like a trickling of water from the back of the dashboard.

I don't what it could be. But I figured I would mention it here. The dealership says all is well and frankly I'm tired of their song and dance.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Codes for evap mean they overlooked something...go to a different dealer if these guys won't step up.

The water noise is a result of the cooling system still having a fair amount of air in it......it was not properly purged when the pump was replaced.
Keep an eye on your coolant bottle....the contents will disappear in a hurry once the air works its way out......top the bottle off and go for a half hour highway ride....it might self purge......if no success the dealer (sorry, the one that did the pump incorrectly.....fill proceedure) is going to have to 'burp' the system.

What you are hearing is the coolant running through trapped air in the heater core, btw.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts