·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Barefeet

·
Super Moderator
5,174 Posts
All I can say is: yep even with my Eco it results in the same!!! for city driving thus I feel like I bought the wrong car at times for my city driving.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
What city? I can't even get my ECO MT down that low, even in Boston while I was visiting my parents. Driving out of Boston at rush hour I still got mid-20s for MPG.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
i do a lot of city driving with the cruze and i have absolutely never never been that low. lowest my graph shows is like 31.5 mpg in the city

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
That's nuts! I am a bad lead foot driver, but I've never seen a 17 average. Heck, I've never seen an average below 30!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
My CTD gets about 22 mpg city if I'm careful so I use it mostly for trips where it excels, 44-50 mpg. My city car is a BMW 740i, 4200 lbs, V8, scary fast acceleration, and it still gets 18 mpg. I guess that's why the 2017 CTD will have a 1.6 and weight reduction.

·
Registered
747 Posts
That's nuts. I wouldn't consider myself "lead" foot, but even with moderately aggressive city driving it's a rare day I average less than 28 mpg.

I personally would never have bought a CTD for any type of daily city driving.
Agreed. I bought mine when my wife was commuting 53 miles one way all highway. That has changed now, and the car commutes only 10 miles one way, only 6 highway, but it seems to be enough to keep it running well. I still average about 30 mpg during commuting, however.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
He averaged 17 for the last 25 miles he drove when he took the picture... it's not his overall average for the tank.
The only time I've seen a 25 mile average below 20 MPG was after my dealership changed the HVAC box. They let my car idle to heat the engine up to verify the stinch was gone.

·
Registered
747 Posts
He averaged 17 for the last 25 miles he drove when he took the picture... it's not his overall average for the tank.
I'm referring to that as well. I rarely see it go below 26-28 mpg, it's usually hanging out around 30.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, it basically consisted of this for a week:

1. Start car.
2. Get out on road and floor it.
3. Stop at red light for 5 minutes.
4. Floor it until I get to the next red light.
5. Stop at red light for 5 minutes.
6. Floor it until I get to the next red light.
7. Stop at red light for 5 minutes.
8. Floor it until I get to the next red light.
9. Stop at red light for 5 minutes.
10. Floor it until I get to my next destination.
11. Shut car off.

Repeat.

Reactions: pandrad61
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.