Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been having lots of warranty work done on my air conditioner freon leaks and evap temp sensor. Got my car back yesterday. Was paying atttention too coldness as that was the problems it was having.

But this morning i get in my car and i notice i can hear the refridgerant running really loud on position one and 2 like hisssing liquidy gassy sounds continuously running through tubes and when you turn ac off you hear it much louder for like 10 seconds until it stops. it never did this before what could this be? Its not like crazy loud but if you going through the drive through or your parked with radio off or low you defiantely notice it. This couldnt be a normal charateristic could it? it never happened before but my ac has had a bad evap sensor since i bought it i dont know if that would change anything now that its fixed the evap temp sensor but it doesnt seem right to be making such loud freon sounds. Anyone know what this is? does your cruze do this? thank you in advance for any suggestions or help.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,998 Posts
A bit of [quiet] hissing when the system is first turned on is normal as pressures equalize.

Constantly is not. Could be a bad expansion valve, or more than likely just needs to be evacuated, a vacuum pulled for a bit, and recharged properly.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. im pretty sure its just constant non stop. ill know more after driving today.
A bit of [quiet] hissing when the system is first turned on is normal as pressures equalize.

Constantly is not. Could be a bad expansion valve, or more than likely just needs to be evacuated, a vacuum pulled for a bit, and recharged properly.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
ive been having lots of warranty work done on my air conditioner freon leaks and evap temp sensor. Got my car back yesterday. Was paying atttention too coldness as that was the problems it was having.

But this morning i get in my car and i notice i can hear the refridgerant running really loud on position one and 2 like hisssing liquidy gassy sounds continuously running through tubes and when you turn ac off you hear it much louder for like 10 seconds until it stops. it never did this before what could this be? Its not like crazy loud but if you going through the drive through or your parked with radio off or low you defiantely notice it. This couldnt be a normal charateristic could it? it never happened before but my ac has had a bad evap sensor since i bought it i dont know if that would change anything now that its fixed the evap temp sensor but it doesnt seem right to be making such loud freon sounds. Anyone know what this is? does your cruze do this? thank you in advance for any suggestions or help.
Hi Mo Cruze,

I regret to hear about this air conditioning concern you're experiencing as I understand how inconvenient ongoing vehicle concerns can be. Have you made your dealership aware of this noise since you've picked it up? If you'd like to take it back in, I'd be more than willing to reach out to your dealership to assist.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Jblack you are a genius. these idiots literally did no r know what to do could not understand why it was hissing said everything checked out that its normal. SMH..how do these guys get jobs as mechanics. Any how thank j black i told them to just evacuate the system and refill it they did and silence. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts